Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else with Firefox/Tech Talk issues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• andy19191
    replied
    This made me smile. Hopefully the next change to PETT forum software will involve a switch to other software.

Leave a comment:

• billfitzmaurice
    replied
    It's definitely a problem with PE. Perhaps it's the software, perhaps it's the server, but for whatever reason the page loading speeds vary widely from day to day. Sometimes it's pretty good, sometimes it's like being on dial-up.

Leave a comment:

• Squidspeak
    replied
    Have not had any issues lately just posting, but have not tried any links or photos.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by tomzarbo View Post

Has it just started for you in the past week, or has it been ongoing?

TomZ
    ​It's been like this ever since PE switched to the newer forum software. It was more than a year ago, but honestly I don't remember when, but I do remember almost everyone complaining about the change.

Leave a comment:

• andy19191
    replied
    I have had the same sorts of issues since, I think, the change to the new version of the software. If it is any comfort other sites that use this software also have problems. The wikipedia entry helps explain why it has arisen. It's the modern world I guess.

PS F5 worked. Thanks for the tip.
    Last edited by andy19191; 09-05-2017, 08:12 AM. Reason: PS

Leave a comment:

• r-carpenter
    replied
    I stopped posting because of too many issues. I am not human, apparently.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin K.
    replied

TomZ
    It just started for me recently also. I'm old school and use the older version of Internet Explorer most of the time. They probably need to do a re-boot on the server at PE.

Leave a comment:

• tomzarbo
    replied

​The problem is with the PartsExpress forum software, not with your Browser. I access the internet with three different devices, each with a different Browser and I experience the same problem as you.

TomZ

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Last few days I've had a terrible time posting replies to posts.

I'll write something and click 'post' and it will just spin, and spin. I let it go for over 10 minutes yesterday and it just spun, wouldn't post it. Of course I clicked one or two more times over the next 10 minutes or so to make sure it wasn't 'locked up' or something.

Then I open up another tech talk to find that it did post, and so did my other two... although the original tab where I first tried to post the reply was still spinning...

That's just in Firefox... Edge seemed to work okay.

This has happened before on occasion, but it's all the time for the last few days it seems.

Not meaning to complain, just wondering if anyone else is having similar issues.

TomZ
    ​The problem is with the PartsExpress forum software, not with your Browser. I access the internet with three different devices, each with a different Browser and I experience the same problem as you.

Leave a comment:

• Chris Roemer
    replied
    No current problems posting w/Firefox on a DT, but . . . it's an "old" DT still running Vista !

Leave a comment:

• marvin
    replied
    I have the same experience with chrome. I've learned not to watch the pot boil....

Leave a comment:

• zomby woof
    replied
    Have never had a problem in FF

Leave a comment:

• edgecreek
    replied
    Another chrome user here that has the same experience frequently. I'll keep the F5 thing in mind.

Leave a comment:

• Paul K.
    replied
    I've posted twice now, once in this thread and once in Wolf's Tandems thread, and both of my posts appeared in less than 5 seconds.
    Paul

Leave a comment:

• tomzarbo
    replied
    Well, F5 did work

Thanks for the tip!

TomZ

Leave a comment:

Working...
X