How does this design look....?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does this design look....?

Was really interested in this, but was wondering if anyone had a better or alternative way to cross the XT25 vifa to the Tangband W5 704 woofer.

What do you all think about his idea with the 4 or 8 ohm resistors on the tweeter etc?

http://www.hometheatershack.com/foru...onitors-2.html

It looks decent, and the measured in room response is respectable.

Comment

It might take some tweaking as the FR was traced. No one close by who could measure your drivers in box?
      John H

Synergy Horn, SLS-85, BMR-3L, Mini-TL, BR-2, Titan OB, B452, Udique, Vultus, Latus1, Seriatim, Aperivox,Pencil Tower

Comment

What do you all think about his idea with the 4 or 8 ohm resistors on the tweeter etc?
        I would think halving a parallel resistor like that would change the shape and/or slope of the transfer function. Maybe not in his case, but I've noticed that I can tilt the tweeter response a bit by juggling the series (in front of the 1st cap) and parallel resistors while maintaining a similar overall level.
        Co-conspirator in the development of the "CR Gnarly Fidelity Reduction Unit" - Registered Trademark, Patent Pending.

Comment

Originally posted by jhollander View Post
          It might take some tweaking as the FR was traced. No one close by who could measure your drivers in box?

Oh its not my design, I am just considering using these drivers ( have the Vifa tweeters now) need to decide on a woofer, and liked this design.

Comment

Which XT did you get?
            John H

Synergy Horn, SLS-85, BMR-3L, Mini-TL, BR-2, Titan OB, B452, Udique, Vultus, Latus1, Seriatim, Aperivox,Pencil Tower

Comment

Originally posted by jhollander View Post
              which xt did you get?

xt25tg30-04

Comment

Yeah, I don't have any extra of those to measure. I've cut mine up for the synergy horn project.
                John H

Comment

Overall good work done so far. Looks like a good design.

Comment

I have measurements of the XT25BG60-04 on an 8" baffle if you are interested. Assuming you haven't ordered the tweeters yet. Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
                    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm2...oSKdB448TTVEnQ

Comment

Working...
                    X