Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WinISD question

Just fooling around with this program.
    It occupies only a small fraction of my screen, like 20% of the height and width available. I have not found a way to enlarge it. Any ideas out there from experienced users?

Grabbing the corner works for me, as does the maximize button...
    Don't waste your money on a new set of speakers, you get more mileage from a cheap pair of sneakers. Next phase, new wave, dance craze, anyways it's still rock and roll to me!

Comment

Are you using WinISD Beta? If so, don't, use 0.7.0.950
      www.billfitzmaurice.com
      www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

Comment

Bill I think it is the Beta version that I have. The maximize button makes it a little larger, but its still tiny. I can try dragging the corner, hadn't thought of that, thanks.

Comment

Beta is a bare bones program, because it only considers Fs, Qts and Vas, and only has a couple of chart options. 0.7 considers all the T/S parameters, and has charts for everything you can have need for.
          www.billfitzmaurice.com

Comment

Yeah I intend to get it. I just didn't see it when I went to download the program.

Comment

Well, one step forward, and another backwards.

The alpha version certainly solved the size issue; it now can be made to fill most of the screen, much more useable.
              However I'm getting an error message when I try to exit the program, something about zeroes at a certain address. And it won't let me exit, just brings back the same error message. I had to force the computer to shut down to get around that.
              Any thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by skatz View Post
                Well, one step forward, and another backwards. The alpha version certainly solved the size issue; it now can be made to fill most of the screen, much more useable. However I'm getting an error message when I try to exit the program, something about zeroes at a certain address. And it won't let me exit, just brings back the same error message. I had to force the computer to shut down to get around that. Any thoughts?
                Ctrl alt del, task manager, select WinISD, end task... Works, but i think there is a better fix that i cant remember right now. Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Comment

You have to run WinISD 0.7 in W8 compatibility mode with W10. Make sure you have 0.7, older versions of Alpha have to be run in W2000 compatibility mode as I best recall, but it's been a long time, it could even be W98.
                  www.billfitzmaurice.com

Comment

I had the exit problem with Windows 7. I used taskmanager as suggested by KevinN. I always have taskmanager running minimized in the background anyway. When I switched to Windows 10, the problem disappeared and I was able to exit normally. I never run anything in compatibility mode.
                    Don't worry, if your parachute fails, you have the rest of your life to fix it.

If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally ASTOUND ourselves - Thomas A. Edison

Some people collect stamps, Imelda Marcos collected shoes. I collect speakers.:D

Comment

Originally posted by thekorvers View Post
                      I had the exit problem with Windows 7.
                      I did too, before WinISD 0.7 came out. Using it in the required compatibility mode fixed it.

www.billfitzmaurice.com

Comment

I do have W7 on that computer. I'll check the compatibility modes. I'll try the other suggestions as well. Thanks for the assist.

Comment

Task manager does solve the problem, but its not the most convenient solution. I found a compatibility mode for Win7 last night and tried it, but it didn't solve anything. Should I try some of the other modes? I am running W7 (64 bit if that matters) on the computer.

Comment

Do you have WinISD 0.7? It shouldn't cause any problems with W7 because it was specifically configured to work with W7.
                            www.billfitzmaurice.com

Comment

As far as I know it is 0.7. There are only two choices given on the website, alpha and beta. Alpha is described as the 0.7, but I 'll double check that when I get home tonight.

Comment

Working...
                              X