WinISD question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.linearteam.org/

Don't waste your money on a new set of speakers, you get more mileage from a cheap pair of sneakers. Next phase, new wave, dance craze, anyways it's still rock and roll to me!

Comment

Well, the version appears to be 0.50a7; I don't see options for any other version of alpha program.

Comment

Ah success!

Bill's questioning about whether I had the right version lead me to search on the version number and not for WinISD as I had been. That lead to a different download file that works correctly and has the correct version number. Why that doesn't seem to be linked to the downloads on their website is beyond me, but that is the way that it was.
        Thanks Bill.

Comment

You're welcome.
          Don't waste your money on a new set of speakers, you get more mileage from a cheap pair of sneakers. Next phase, new wave, dance craze, anyways it's still rock and roll to me!

Comment

I find that the alpha program(which runs fine in my virtual box wondows XP, since I run Sierra in a macbook pro) doesn't like the parameters of some of the Dayton speakers, notably the DA 215 8 inch aluminum cone woofer, and says that they don't math the internal calculations. And then it stops dead and all the painstakingly installed data is deleted. Its kind of confusing.

Comment

Originally posted by malboro2 View Post
              Its kind of confusing.
              Not if you read the instructions. There is a specific method you must use to enter the data.

www.billfitzmaurice.com
              www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

Comment

http://www.midwestaudioclub.com/reso...ners-tutorial/
                Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers.

Comment

Originally posted by billfitzmaurice View Post
                  Not if you read the instructions. There is a specific method you must use to enter the data.
                  Yeah. I figured it out. Its been 13 years since I used it. Thanks.

I didn't need to improve on my line arrays, until I retired and now no longer have a place for them, as I moved to a house without a large specialized music room.

So its up to using a more conventional system with a dual 12 inch sub crossing at about 100(and driven by a separate 750 rms watt/ch amp constant Q equalized at 4db at 25hz). This will be complimented by a carefully selected set of 8 inch mid bass, 5 inch mid taking over at 350, and tweeter taking over at 3500. The whole system is actively crossed at 24db octave.

Comment

Working...
                  X