Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accuton C173-6-090 in 2 way

Hello.
    What do you think, will it be good to use the C173-6-090 in a 2-way speaker system?
    I would like to use "C173-6-090" with the "Mundorf AMT25CM1.1-R" or "RAAL 70-10D".tweeters.
    What do you think about it?

There is an Accuton Mundorf Kit, search for "Mundorf MA30". It uses the Mundorf AMT19CM1.1 and the Accuton C158-8-085.

It should be a fantastic 2 way, provided the crossover can take advantage of the drivers.

Comment

Vented box model can't even really reach down to 80Hz. No 2-way IMB. (Q is too low, well . . . AND Fs is too high.)

Comment

Originally posted by ani_101 View Post
        There is an Accuton Mundorf Kit, search for "Mundorf MA30". It uses the Mundorf AMT19CM1.1 and the Accuton C158-8-085.

It should be a fantastic 2 way, provided the crossover can take advantage of the drivers.
        The Mundorf 30th anniv. MA30 kit was supposed to be offered by Madisound at one time, but it didn't happen. It probably would have ended up being their priciest kit. I'm sure the Mundorf or the Raal tweeter would pair up nicely. What's in your wallet? :-)
        Live in Southern N.E.? check out the CT Audio Society web site.

Comment

C173-6-090 is a high sensitivity midrange, as a result it has limited bass capability, but it has a healthy xmax. As long as you don't plan to use them standalone, but rather with a subwoofer, they should work very well in a 2-way. If you need some bass response, look at the mid/bass models, not a midrange.
          Don't waste your money on a new set of speakers, you get more mileage from a cheap pair of sneakers. Next phase, new wave, dance craze, anyways it's still rock and roll to me!

Comment

I suggest Dance consider a high quality mid-bass like the SS Revelator 15W paired with the MA30 kit's AMT 19CM tweeter. My Intimates speakers use that combo in a 1/2 cu. ft box with Fb at 42 hz. vented alignment. XO is relatively simple PM me for a schematic. XO is about 2300. Depending on how bass hungry you are, you may or may not need a sub with that SS mid-bass. Search on Intimates thread in this forum for lots more details on the Intimates.

Comment

The 096E version of that Accuton is a better bet imo.
              Ribbon tweeters -also consider the Viawave GRT145

Comment

Originally posted by carlspeak View Post
                The Mundorf 30th anniv. MA30 kit was supposed to be offered by Madisound at one time, but it didn't happen. It probably would have ended up being their priciest kit. I'm sure the Mundorf or the Raal tweeter would pair up nicely. What's in your wallet? :-)
                Is RAAL better than Mundorf ?
                I want a 2 way Ultra High End

Comment

uh oh.

Comment

Originally posted by Dance View Post
                    Is RAAL better than Mundorf ?
                    I want a 2 way Ultra High End
                    PETT's top DIY guru designer, Jeff Bagby, has dabbled with the RAAL tweeter. I don't know if he's ever worked with a Mundorf ribbon. Here's a link to a design using a RAAL and a Sartori bass/mid FYI.
                    http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...l-satori-combo

Comment

Working...
                    X