A Big Thank-You To Chris Roemer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Big Thank-You To Chris Roemer

I wanted to publicly thank Chris Roemer for the repeated help he gave me in determining the port dimensions on my big Altec speaker project. The box size and port shape changed a couple or three times during this build, and Chris patiently re-designed the port for me each time. Yesterday, after five months of working on my project, I was finally able to fire it up, and the bass response and linearity is the best I've had. Just perfect for this project. So, thank you, Chris, for your help, and for the numerous times you've stepped forward to assist many of the members here with crossover and box questions. Your contributions are most appreciated.

GeeDeeEmm

The finished project. Altec 416Z woofer/802D driver/511B horn. Cabinet volume: 6.5 cu. ft. Striped mahogany veneer. Cab material: 1-1 5/8" MDF/Plywood. Crossover: 2nd order LR w/Altec 30923 Horn Equalization network.

Even though I don't remember it (what year was that, about?) you are more than welcome, gd. They LOOK fabulous!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Roemer View Post
      Even though I don't remember it (what year was that, about?) you are more than welcome, gd. They LOOK fabulous!
      You are actually a super helpful guy around here. Modest, too, I see.

Comment

Amen.
        I think Chris's advice has kept a LOT of folks -- especially newer forum members -- from making design choices that would leave them disappointed, sound-wise. I know he's good at it, but it still takes a bunch of time to do that much designing for someone...

Personally he's helped me a bunch of times, even fairly recently.

TomZ
        *Veneering curves, seams, using heat-lock iron on method *Trimming veneer & tips *Curved Sides glue-up video
        *Part 2 *Gluing multiple curved laminations of HDF *Cello's Speaker Project Page

*Building the "Micro-B 2.1 Plate Amplifier -- Part 1 * Part 2 * Part 3 * Part 4 * * Part 5 'Review' * -- Assembly Instructions PDF

Comment

Same here. Chris helped me in the box tuning of my high efficiency JBL 1400 PRO 14 -inch woofer. Ditto for simulating the transfer function of Infinity Cascade 3 factory crossover.

Comment

Working...
          X