No announcement yet.

20hz from a $20 Sub?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought there were real nice in a 1 cubic foot sealed tapered line, which was the bottom of my iron driver entry a while back. I now have 4 of them and want to do 2 on a side in 3 cubic foot sealed, should be real nice.
    Audio: Media PC -> Sabre ESS 9023 DAC -> Behringer EP2500 -> (insert speakers of the moment)
    Sites: Jupiter Audioworks - Flicker Stream - FRD Consortium Archive - Proud Member of Midwest Audio Club

Comment

Originally posted by JasonP View Post
      I thought there were real nice in a 1 cubic foot sealed tapered line, which was the bottom of my iron driver entry a while back. I now have 4 of them and want to do 2 on a side in 3 cubic foot sealed, should be real nice.

That is pretty awesome JasonP! I thought they were a good value sub. I am still shocked at the performance you can get out of it. I may make a small sealed one for a desktop build after seeing this comment. Thanks!
      All about Speaker Design YouTube Channel

Comment

an isobaric candidate?

Comment

Originally posted by bill poster View Post
          an isobaric candidate?
          Yup. See my project ISO El-Cheapo in the gallery. Got it down to the high 20's in 1.5 cu ft ported.
          Electronics engineer, woofer enthusiast, and musician.
          Wogg Music

Comment

funny I just started a thread about this driver elsewhere and I was able to get 18Hz and 43Hz F3 points with a 40Hz LR4 lowpass. I've used it in a sealed 1cf or so box and it sounded great, I built it for a friend, so I only got to listen to it when I finished it and set it up at their place.

रेतुर्न तो थे स्रोत
            return to the source
            leviathan system thread
            deadhorse thread
            shockwave build thread

instagram :: greywarden_13

in war, victory . . . in peace, vigilance . . . in death, sacrifice.

Comment

Here's another take ...

4ft3 in a vented box with a 4" port 14.5" long at 50 W. Excursion and air velocity is in check above 20 Hz. The SPL peaks at 106 dB between 50 and 60 Hz. The caveat, this requires a 6 dB boost at 15 Hz with a Q of 1.

I wonder if that $8 sub woofer pre-amp module (Part # 320-671) could be modified to provide that custom boost ... Hmmmm.

Comment

Originally posted by Millstonemike View Post
                Here's another take ...

4ft3 in a vented box with a 4" port 14.5" long at 50 W. Excursion and air velocity is in check above 20 Hz. The SPL peaks at 106 dB between 50 and 60 Hz. The caveat, this requires a 6 dB boost at 15 Hz with a Q of 1.

I wonder if that $8 sub woofer pre-amp module (Part # 320-671) could be modified to provide that custom boost ... Hmmmm.
                I did a quick mock up after wogg said it would be a cheap iso. Check out these results with no EQ and it can take full power.
                All about Speaker Design YouTube Channel

Comment

Working...
                X