Peerless Nomex 830869 - 8" Nomex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peerless Nomex 830869 - 8" Nomex

Any proven builds for the Peerless Nomex 830869 - 8" Nomex?
    No matter where you go, there you are.
    Website

We used 4 of them in a 10 ft^3 box along with a 511 horn, crossed at 800Hz. They sound great, and reach down to about 30Hz, but that may not be the sort of build you were looking for
    Francis

Comment

Thanks but it looks like this driver is quite capable of a reasonably sized TM. That's what I'm looking for.
      Website

Comment

Oh, reasonably sized. Well, that's different!
        Francis

Comment

Hello

I did a Google search for 'Peerless 830869 crossover' and found something called a "Nightingale" but of course have no idea of its quality or size. It looks like a commercial speaker. The tweeter is a Selenium D220Ti/PH715, which I haven't heard of. Perhaps other TT participants have used it, or know of it?

The link is to a commercial site.

There was another project which used the Peerless with a Dayton RS52 midrange and a VIFA XT25SC90 tweeter, again I don't know anything else about that one. The crossover was rather complex (and expensive!)

Hope this helps

Geoff

Comment

a wave guide would look good with that woofer , havent heard one , not sure of SQ !?
            donc

Comment

I have one in the works, but very far away.... will be complete next year maybe? It's a high eff TMWW, woofer section is vented with Fb of 40, f3 of 40, 98db @2.83v before Bsc, say around 4db would still net 94db @ 2.83, xmax exceeds at 35Hz with 100watts at 113db.

Comment

Thinking of making a kit with the SEOS-8 w/ XT25 and that very woofer for DIY Soundgroup.
                R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio
                Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
                "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

Thanks Pete. Not a fan of wave guides though, especially large ones. Not performance, I just don't like the appearance.
                  Website

Comment

i was hoping Pete would chime in , i remember him liking the Peerless nomex drivers !
                    donc

Comment

Can't be too far fetched from the Usher 8955 or the Peerless Exclusive. I bet it would work.

Later,
                      Wolf
                      "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                      "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                      "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                      "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
                      http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                      http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

I've got 4 of those on the shelf!

subscribed.

I think I hear a difference - wow, it's amazing!" Ethan Winer: audio myths
                        "As God is my witness I'll never be without a good pair of speakers!" Scarlett O'Hara

High value, high quality RS150/TB28-537SH bookshelf - TARGAS NLA!
                        SB13/Vifa BC25SC06 MTM DCR Galeons-SB13-MTM
                        My Voxel min sub Yet-another-Voxel-build

Tangband W6-sub

Comment

That's funny. Pete suggested I use a wave-guided tweeter in the last year or so in response to a query I sent him, and I told him I didn't like their looks, either.
                          Paul

Originally posted by gowa View Post
                          Thanks Pete. Not a fan of wave guides though, especially large ones. Not performance, I just don't like the appearance.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul K. View Post
                            That's funny. Pete suggested I use a wave-guided tweeter in the last year or so in response to a query I sent him, and I told him I didn't like their looks, either.
                            Paul

That's why they make speaker grills . . .
                            R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio
                            Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
                            "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

If you need ideas, take a look at my Maximus build, it is a three way but maybe a good starting point for you.
                              Want a second or third opinion about your speaker cabinet design or other audio related problem? Post your question or comment on the Technical Discussion Board. Hundreds of technicians, engineers, and hobbyists, nationwide read and discuss electronics related questions each week. We welcome your participation
                              If we all reacted the same way, we'd be predictable, and there's always more than one way to view a situation.
                              What's true for the group is also true for the individual. It's simple: Overspecialize, and you breed in weakness.
                              It's slow death.

//Burn n' Die//Dream Weaver//Maximus//ABC Bookshelf Speakers//Dayton Twin Towers

Comment

Working...
                              X