Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Heart reaches out to those in Las Vegas. What happened?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Heart reaches out to those in Las Vegas. What happened?

I woke up this morning, after preparing last night's dinner of miso clam hotpot with salmon bellies.
    On the radio, I found out that there was mass shooting in Vegas yesterday at a country music festival.

What the hell happened? I'm looking on the inter-webs for more information.

Anyways, I hope everyone here and their family is safe.

Peace,

-Matt

Horrific Mass shooting from the 32nd floor of Mandalay Bay. NBC news has been covering it since early morning EST.
    "Not a Speaker Designer - Not even on the Internet"
    "If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."

Comment

Yup. I know it's a mass shooting from the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay.

I just have a very hard time comprehending *why* this guy did this.
      It seems pretty crazy and somewhat pointless.

Comment

I just saw a live interview: "with Eric Paddock, the suspected shooter’s brother, told ABC News, "We have no idea how or why this happened." "
        Sometimes there is no rationale for an irrational act
        "Not a Speaker Designer - Not even on the Internet"
        "If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."

Comment

So far no connection to any terrorist group or leanings, despite claims by ISIS. It will probably boil down to either mental illness or being very unhappy and depressed about his life in general and blaming others for it.
          Paul

Comment

Guess the Good Guy with the gun was away on vacation again and it's the law enforcement that run towards the shooter.
            http://www.diy-ny.com/

Comment

Originally posted by r-carpenter View Post
              Guess the Good Guy with the gun was away on vacation again and it's the law enforcement that run towards the shooter.
              ​The shooter was heavily armed, with multiple automatic weapons, one lone "Good Guy" wouldn't stand a chance!

Comment

When I saw this news, all I could think about was how terrifying that must have been to be in the crowd. The second (and most predictable) thing I saw was the political race to be "first" to publicly denounce violence and demand more poorly thought out legislation in the name of "doing something." Doesn't much matter which side of the firearms debate you live on... knee jerk reactions in the wake of awful situations never solve anything.

I hope that our friends and neighbors in Las Vegas can heal. I hope that our elected leadership can think before they speak, and represent our rights and freedoms while ensuring public safety instead of pandering to their base in the height of emotion. I hope that we learn something, anything, from this situation... maybe get better at identifying issues before they become the next horrible news story. No one deserved what happened here. plain and simple.
                Voxel Down Firing with Dayton SA70
                Translam Subwoofers - The Jedi Mind Tricks
                The Super Bees - Garage 2 way

Comment

Originally posted by r-carpenter View Post
                  Imagine a crowd full of Good Guys with Guns shooting at the Mandalay Bay hotel.
                  Isn't it about time we started answering rhetorical questions?

Paul Carmody's DIY Audio Projects
                  Twitter: @undefinition1

Comment

To paraphrase Mike Tyson.."everyone has a plan till they get shot"
                    Last edited by davidB; 10-03-2017, 12:38 PM.

Comment

I think there is woeful lack of access to mental health care access in the United States. We have a high rate of incarnation in the U.S.; the U.S has 5 percent of the world's population but has 23 percent of all prisoners in the world. Stephen Paddock's father, "Bingo Bruce", was a criminal. Most likely the shooter, Stephen Paddock, exhibited signs of mental illness that were not caught in time.

It seems to me the U.S. needs to put more emphasis on mental health care to cut down on crime and the shockingly high rate of incarceration.

Comment

Truly sad that a sick individual causes such heartache at a live music event. My heart goes out to those families whose loved ones will never hear the music again.
                        Co-conspirator in the development of the "CR Gnarly Fidelity Reduction Unit" - Registered Trademark, Patent Pending.

Comment

We all have our stance on gun control, but can we leave it at the door for a while? This post is about the victims. There'll be plenty of time for the gun control debate. Plus, it's a sure-fire way to get this thread shut down.
                          My prayers go out to the wounded, their families, the families of those killed, and all others involved in this senseless act.
                          Mike
                          "We're speaker geeks, not speaker nerds. Nerds make money!" Marty H
                          Bismarck, North Dakota
                          My Current System: Jolida SJ502A, Squeezebox Touch, and Carmody Sunflowers
                          My Garage System:Marantz 2238B and Nano-Neos

Comment

I think someone may have a knee jerk reaction if their loved one took a bullet to the head, I'm just glad the shooters rights and freedoms were not infringed upon and
                            ​I guess the best thing is to not denounce it. Maybe if your child or grandchild took a bullet to the head in Newtown Conn. you may have a knee jerk reaction about
                            ​that but we should not have dialogue about it and just learn from it. So what is the "well" thought out legislation that could help make this not a normal thing for this country. There have been common sense legistlation introduced after each of these incidents but the Death lobby is powerful and uses paranoia tactics to convince
                            ​responsible gun owners "They are going to take your guns away" Something obviously must change, everyone 5yrs or older should have a gun the more the merrier,
                            ​hell why not grenade launchers is that not my right to bear arms. And why have wimpy 30 clip mags why not 50 or a hundred, after all those guys 200 years ago said
                            ​it is my right to own weapons of mass murder. I support gun ownership, most of my friends have them, most of my friends hunt (just not for me) but I do eat venison.
                            ​I cannot fathom why anyone would be against mandatory background checks but Nevada and several other states allow private person to person gun sales. But hey its
                            ​my knee jerk reaction to another American tragedy as the gun lobby keeps stuffing politicians pockets to do nothing Fukng nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by View Post

​The shooter was heavily armed, with multiple automatic weapons, one lone "Good Guy" wouldn't stand a chance!

Especially not from across the street and 32 stories below, assuming you could even see the shooters location from ground level. Your "good guy with a gun" knows that's an impossible shot to make, and is running for cover just like everyone else.
                              My modest builds:
                              Armadillo TM, A.K.A. Lil' Dillo
                              Tarkus/Armadillo build #2
                              Armadillo Center Channel
                              Au-Rock-O Sub
                              Tarkus
                              Staining MDF tutorial

Comment

Working...
                              X