Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Heart reaches out to those in Las Vegas. What happened?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by billfitzmaurice View Post
    Check the serial #, if it's below 285,000 the action may be suspect. We made sure that we used Rock Islands numbered that high, or SA higher than 800,000, due to concerns that the Army had investigated back in 1927. All Remingtons were OK, as they dated from 1941 or later.
    Thanks for mentioning that. I am aware of the serial # range suspect. Nice of you to say something. it's in the 300,000 range with a High Standard barrel.
    Last edited by djg; 10-09-2017, 12:13 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by r-carpenter View Post

PETT doesn't want links to the competitors websites and sales. I don't think sales of bump stock is anything PE is considering for future sales. All tho, one never knows. LOL
      The blog page was full of stories and links in the rabid "gun nut" vein, I thought it best to not link, as much for PETT members as PETT itself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sydney View Post

I guess I've not feared a takeover or that my personal liberty is tied to owning certain firearms, and consider the National Guard to be the well maintained militia.
        The founding fathers referred to civilians armed with force as necessary to repeal tyranny BY the govt. The National Guard is owned and operated by the govt. Don't get too comfortable.
        Last edited by dwigle; 10-09-2017, 07:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwigle View Post
          ...The National Guard is owned and operated by the govt. Don't get too comfortable.
          Scary
          I live in a very rural county. The local N.G. is comprised of people I know or their children, and they all own weapons.
          I don't see them turning on themselves and handing over their weapons.
          Granted there were scary 50s movies about Suburban children becoming commie dups and turning in their parents to the local commissar .
          There does seem to be a historical cultural fear of takeover ( either foreign or domestic ). Anything that average WV person perceives as intrusive is often labeled as Communism or perhaps a U.N. army.
          I read an op-ed from a Canadian who opined that perhaps it is a matter of faith in Government ( ours is less than theirs ).
          Not having access to ALL weapons hasn't affected me one bit. I don't need to have a high rate of fire.
          Following the rationale that some promote, I guess I would have to engage in an arms race for any contingency ( futile and I'm too old for that ).
          The National Guard and State Police have numerous helicopters, and have been flying them around here for decades.
          They are not looking for weapons however.

"Not a Speaker Designer - Not even on the Internet"
          "If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."

Comment

• Originally posted by dwigle View Post
            The National Guard is owned and operated by the govt. Don't get too comfortable.
            National Guard are often, and with good reason, referred to as 'citizen soldiers'. The notion that there is a them versus us relationship between the government and the people ignores the Preamble to the Constitution, most especially the first three words.

www.billfitzmaurice.com
            www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

Comment

• Originally posted by billfitzmaurice View Post
              National Guard are often, and with good reason, referred to as 'citizen soldiers'. The notion that there is a them versus us relationship between the government and the people ignores the Preamble to the Constitution, most especially the first three words.
              Bill, our concern is exactly that - many want to pretend the first three words don't exist. The NG are citizen soldiers until they get called up, then they're engaged like regular army.

Comment

• I said to myself "I'm done with this thread, I don't want to argue over this" ... but then this happens: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCLoIorYguU .... tell me again how they're not going to try taking our guns away.
                My modest builds:
                Armadillo TM, A.K.A. Lil' Dillo
                Tarkus/Armadillo build #2
                Armadillo Center Channel
                Au-Rock-O Sub
                Tarkus
                Staining MDF tutorial

Comment

• As I stated. I am only going by what the politicians tell us. They don't like firearms. When they say the want to collect all of them...I believe them.
                  "A dirty shop is an unsafe shop, if you injure yourself in a clean shop you are just stupid" - Coach Kupchinsky

The Madeleine
                  The Roxster
                  Swopes 5.0
                  Acoustic Panels
                  Living Room Make Over

Comment

• I sincerely hope that the powers that be, will see how dangerous legislation this vague actually is, and vote NO on it. But I've been burned before, putting my faith in our elected employees ability to make logical decisions. And frankly, to drop something like this on us, following an act of domestic terrorism, they're hoping for knee jerk reactions based on emotion. It's a shiesty move IMO. But as is the case with most legislation, they go way overboard at first knowing it will meet heavy opposition. This puts them in a position to "cut back/compromise" (or least appear to) when round two comes. Don't buy it, not one word of it.
                    My modest builds:
                    Armadillo TM, A.K.A. Lil' Dillo
                    Tarkus/Armadillo build #2
                    Armadillo Center Channel
                    Au-Rock-O Sub
                    Tarkus
                    Staining MDF tutorial

Comment

• Originally posted by mattsk8 View Post

Given the string of terror attacks that you guys have been dealing with lately that you've obviously failed to "legislate" against... you might want to rethink your strategy. And given the fact that America is 40x larger than the UK, in recent years we're doing much better than you guys in the war on terror. So thanks for the advice... but no thanks. And how did banning those rifles work out for France??
                      Terrorist attacks in the uk are not going to go away. Unfortunately we helped create the problem via an illegal war in iraq, training extremists to fight assad and now a massive syrian refugee crisis. We deserve all these immigrant problems.
                      As for homegrown terrorism, we manage to stop a huge percentage. I don't see how carrying guns is going to make a few disconnected Muslim youths stop making homemade bombs. And its not nearly as bad as 'The Troubles'

Comment

Working...
                      X