Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Heart reaches out to those in Las Vegas. What happened?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by billfitzmaurice View Post
    Because anything I need to take down I can with one shot.
    Let's hope you never become a target. That's all people are to the deranged.
    I read that with a Harry Callahan voiceover.

Comment

Most rational people understand a few things: Law abiding gun owners don't kill people. Criminals kill people and are not deterred by laws. The shooter in Vegas broke all kinds of laws - and was not deterred. New gun "control" laws, background check, etc will not deter additional shootings and the rational anti-gun crowd knows it. Their ultimate agenda is elimination of guns owned by the public. Universal Federal background checks are a euphemism for "registration" of ownership - allowing future location and confiscation. If you believe I'm wrong, please someone point to specific legislation that will serve to deter a criminal. The legislation I've heard proposed will only serve to take guns from law abiding citizens.

What will work is long, long prison sentences for those who commit violent crimes with guns. Get them off the streets. I for one, am willing to pay for more prisons. It may take a generation or two to change the culture but it's a start.

Comment

Originally posted by dwigle View Post
        Most rational people understand a few things: Law abiding gun owners don't kill people. Criminals kill people and are not deterred by laws. The legislation I've heard proposed will only serve to take guns from law abiding citizens. It may take a generation or two to change the culture but it's a start.
        In the UK we don't sell real guns to young white goths fresh out of college. You cd start there.

Comment

Originally posted by bill poster View Post
          In the UK we don't sell real guns to young white goths fresh out of college. You cd start there.
          We teach them to use guns way younger than that lol.

Comment

No, but you can send them to war fresh out of high school.
            craigk

" Voicing is often the term used for band aids to cover for initial design/planning errors " - Pallas

Comment

Originally posted by killa View Post
              We teach them to use guns way younger than that lol.
              Sure nuff

"Not a Speaker Designer - Not even on the Internet"
              "If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."

Comment

Given the string of terror attacks that you guys have been dealing with lately that you've obviously failed to "legislate" against... you might want to rethink your strategy. And given the fact that America is 40x larger than the UK, in recent years we're doing much better than you guys in the war on terror. So thanks for the advice... but no thanks. And how did banning those rifles work out for France??
                "The ability of any system to produce exceptional sound will be limited mainly by the capability of the speakers" Jim Salk
                "Audio is surely a journey full of revelations as you go" JasonP

Comment

Originally posted by mattsk8 View Post

Given the string of terror attacks that you guys have been dealing with lately that you've obviously failed to "legislate" against... you might want to rethink your strategy. And given the fact that America is 40x larger than the UK, in recent years we're doing much better than you guys in the war on terror. So thanks for the advice... but no thanks. And how did banning those rifles work out for France??
                  Why are you gloating about any of this?

Comment

Originally posted by dld View Post

Why are you gloating about any of this?
                    Gloating? WTF? I was pointing out a reality. Where in what I stated was I "gloating"?

Bill made it sound like we hand guns out to "goth kids fresh out of high school", eluding to this being the reason for situations lime Vegas. I'm not "gloating", I'm calling BS. Nice try there.
                    "The ability of any system to produce exceptional sound will be limited mainly by the capability of the speakers" Jim Salk

Comment

• Nothing going to get resolved here.
                      "If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."

Comment

• Originally posted by Sydney View Post
                        Nothing going to get resolved here.
                        I agree with you, but it's very obviously a conversation that people everywhere are having. And stating that I'm "gloating" because innocent people are getting killed is flat out sickening.

Comment

• All I see coming of this is divisiveness.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sydney View Post
                            All I see coming of this is divisiveness.
                            You're right, PE isn't the place for these conversations. But I need it to be perfectly clear that I in no way take any innocent people getting murdered lightly, and I certainly wouldn't be gloating over any aspect of any of this. That was a pathetic thing to say.

Comment

• It sorta falls under the same category of topics that get avoided in the name of civility, like religion and politics. Emotions run high and pushes out logic.

Comment

• Originally posted by mattsk8 View Post

You're right, PE isn't the place for these conversations. But I need it to be perfectly clear that I in no way take any innocent people getting murdered lightly, and I certainly wouldn't be gloating over any aspect of any of this. That was a pathetic thing to say.
                                Sydney is right that nothing is going to get resolved here. Still looks like gloating to me, or at least needling. These are complex problems both in Europe and here and snarky comments don't help.

Comment

Working...
                                X