Holy Soundbar!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy Soundbar!

All right, who's going to cough up the $6000 to see if it lives up to the hype?

https://us.creative.com/soniccarrier/

Seems to me that a product like this could work but you would almost need a dedicated room with the right shape for it to work properly. None of the rooms in my house would be any good for bouncing frequencies off of walls. I also wonder how narrow the sweet spot would be and if the sweet spot would be dictated by the angle of the speakers.

Comment

I saw a review on this. The reviewer was thinking the same thing, but the creative exec, then took it out to the crowded main floor and played it for him. He was astonished that he was still enveloped with sound. Having said that, I am still with you killa, I can't see that.
      All about Speaker Design YouTube Channel

Comment

This brings an interesting thought to mind, what justifies the price? And what could one do with that budget, if you were to buy a reciever/separates and build your own speakers?
        My modest builds:
        Armadillo TM, A.K.A. Lil' Dillo
        Tarkus/Armadillo build #2
        Armadillo Center Channel
        Au-Rock-O Sub
        Tarkus
        Staining MDF tutorial

Comment

Originally posted by bolland83 View Post
          This brings an interesting thought to mind, what justifies the price? And what could one do with that budget, if you were to buy a reciever/separates and build your own speakers?
          It's the only one of it's kind, of course. :D ;)
          All about Speaker Design YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by christianb View Post
            All right, who's going to cough up the $6000 to see if it lives up to the hype?

https://us.creative.com/soniccarrier/

Not me, I just spent a little over that on my new 3-ways.

Comment

Originally posted by bolland83 View Post
              The tricky part would be the 17 different processors. Who knows what is really going on there. I would bet that all the parts could be had for much less. Much of the price is in the "technology"

Comment

Pretty cool, it even has cup holders!
                Don't worry, if your parachute fails, you have the rest of your life to fix it.

If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally ASTOUND ourselves - Thomas A. Edison

Some people collect stamps, Imelda Marcos collected shoes. I collect speakers.:D

Comment

i was expecting to see some 10's or at least some 8's and all high end drivers ! looks like junk on flea bay ! i do like the cup holders though !
                  donc

Comment

A "Hell-Shattering" subwoofer??? "Bespoke" 1" tweeters??? Someone in the marketing department was clearly having fun here. However, I too shall pass. That thing is one processor failure from being a $6,000 coffee table decoration.
                    Voxel Down Firing with Dayton SA70
                    Translam Subwoofers - The Jedi Mind Tricks
                    The Super Bees - Garage 2 way

Comment

Working...
                    X