Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thinking of building a bluetooth 2.1 sound thingie-- comment feasibility?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mlau View Post
    Gordy,

Thanks for the post!
    I really appreciate your insights to the drivers, as I'm new to this (and have a limited budget.
    I was going to do the similar thing, but with a downfiring subwoofer (for esthetic reasons).

What would the higher end TB drivers be?

I don't tend to have a lot of time, so would like to spend a little more to get friends/family something a little extra special.
    That would be the TB W3-2141. Looks to have highs similar to the PS95 but the lows similar to the PS83.

Understand when using the 2.1 amp we have been discussing, the woofer will fill in some of the frequency from 150hz down. In the box I built, the W3-1053's were playing 100hz and up. There is slight overlap and good blend there.

https://www.parts-express.com/tang-b...8-ohm--264-956
    "A dirty shop is an unsafe shop, if you injure yourself in a clean shop you are just stupid" - Coach Kupchinsky

The Madeleine
    The Roxster
    Swopes 5.0
    Acoustic Panels
    Living Room Make Over

Comment

Originally posted by Gordy View Post

It looks something like this. The space in the front is for a recessed grill and the back frame is for the removable back. The sub fires forward because it is filling in some of the lower frequencies so no need to make it down firing. There is no need and for this config, I don't recommend it. The port is out the back but does use an elbow due to the length and the closeness to the ND105 once is it is mounted.

I think you mean the RS100-8. The RS is a smooth driver but in my opinion really needs a tweeter. The W3-1053 has the missing highs that the RS misses but does not have the low end. Add a woofer and that becomes a non-issue. I am picky about 3" full range speakers. I prefer the have extended highs. That is why I like the W3s and PS95. I have been tempted to try the higher end TB 3" full range drivers but just cant' bring myself to drop the coin.

Mind if I get dimensions?

While I don't like MDF (due to Urea and toxic sawdust), those look tasty.

Comment

Here is the cut list and detail specs. This box utilizes a 1/2" thick grill and back panel. With the grill and the back panel there is an additional 1/8" recess for each of these. As a result, the inside of the box internal start at 5/8" depth. The port internal diameter is 1.375

"A dirty shop is an unsafe shop, if you injure yourself in a clean shop you are just stupid" - Coach Kupchinsky

The Madeleine
        The Roxster
        Swopes 5.0
        Acoustic Panels
        Living Room Make Over

Comment

Thanks!

Been too tired to think recently.
          Aargh.

Comment

You should go for it -- I've done something similar: used the Quarks as the L+R and then the dayton 6.5" subwoofer for the bass, all powered by a 2.1 bluetooth amp.

see here: http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...nd-a-subwoofer

Comment

Working...
            X