Bandpass Subwoofer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bandpass Subwoofer

One of my friends is selling me a set of bandpass subs which are passive, will they work for DJing or live events and can they be made into an active subwoofer?? Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Insufficient information. They may be pro-sound, they may be home theater, they may be auto sound. Probably auto sound, as that's where you most often see bandpass designs. The least likely option is pro-sound.
    www.billfitzmaurice.com
    www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

Comment

As Bill said, we need some more info in order to give you an accurate response.
      https://www.facebook.com/Mosaic-Audi...7373763888294/

Comment

Originally posted by isaeagle4031 View Post
        As Bill said, we need some more info in order to give you an accurate response.
        They are the Pro-Sound Speakers, they are the RCF 8015 MKII Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Comment

Looking at the product page for the RCF S8015 II, they don't seem to be band passed.

Comment

Link to the RCF product page with downloadable spec sheet and manual ...

Comment

Originally posted by hardcorecap View Post
              Looking at the product page for the RCF S8015 II, they don't seem to be band passed.
              Doesn't seem like it: Using bass-reflex loading the subwoofer design ensures an efficient acoustic response down to 30 Hz.
              Francis

Comment

To better answer your question: Looking at plate amplifiers on PE, it seems the price of converting your sub to an active speaker is of far less value than just buying an amp. The most expensive plate amp pushes 1200W @ 4ohm per channel but isn't bridgeable, so your 8ohm speaker isn't going to get the proper wattage it needs to function. Dayton doesn't even consider an 8ohm load in any of the reading materials either, so I wouldn't test fate. Theoretically possible? Sure. Worth it? Not in my opinion.

Comment

Those are not band pass at all. Just a good old bass reflex. You could use a plate amp, but imo its not worth it. Better to use a decent amp, even an inuke 3000dsp, bridged at least.
                  https://www.facebook.com/Mosaic-Audi...7373763888294/

Comment

Given the sensitivity, and for home listening, pretty much any amp would drive them.

For a small venue for DJ work, I imagine even one of the more powerful CLASS-D amps would be sufficient.

Comment

Working...
                    X