Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$100 planar / ribbons... who's the class leader?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm thinking the Beston would go well with the Fountek that's also on sale for $31...
    nothing can stop me now

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk View Post
      I'm thinking the Beston would go well with the Fountek that's also on sale for $31...
      Those Fountek 146 mid woofers look pretty sweet at that price.

I think I hear a difference - wow, it's amazing!" Ethan Winer: audio myths
      "As God is my witness I'll never be without a good pair of speakers!" Scarlett O'Hara

High value, high quality RS150/TB28-537SH bookshelf - TARGAS NLA!
      SB13/Vifa BC25SC06 MTM DCR Galeons-SB13-MTM
      My Voxel min sub Yet-another-Voxel-build

Tangband W6-sub

Comment

Troels Gravesen, on his site, likes the HiVi RT2H planar, which is $100. I am not sure how low it can cross, have never used it. It looks a lot like the Beston visually. He speaks of it having electrostatic clarity.

Comment

Jim Holtz's Bordeaux uses the AST2560 and I THINK he mentioned not having to make a rear chamber.

Comment

Yeah, that design is open-back.

I pulled the trigger on the BGs...and also the Bestons and Fountek FW146 because I'm evidently short on impulse control. I'mma be set on projects for a good long while. I'll definitely have something new to bring to InDIYana. Maybe a couple of somethings.
            nothing can stop me now

Comment

Thanks for clarification - also...well done on the impulse buys!

Comment

Good call Steve! The HIVI RT2 models would do it. They are good to about 2.3-2.5k range.
                Wolf
                "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
                http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

The Beston has a hump from 2-3k before roll off. I think that's going to allow an electrical XO that is significantly higher than acoustic.
                  nothing can stop me now

Comment

Working...
                  X