Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music and your emotions

Sort of a poll :

Does beautiful music sometimes move you to the point of tears?

Absolutely. Tears, goosebumps, joy. That's the reason I listen. Music moves the soul.
    R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio

Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
    Gravity is an overrated force on the cosmic scale. Physicists are missing the bigger picture. They fell into a black hole and were never seen advancing the understanding of the cosmos again.

Comment

Yes. The Prayer by Josh Groban and Charlotte Church played on my Cecropia Supremes moved me like that.
      There are other occurrences as well,
      Wolf
      "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
      "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
      "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
      "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
      http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
      http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Yes, of course; it can be music which is supposed to be sad, or music which is so full of life and energy, it makes me happy. Or, it could be music which brings out emotion due to its context: think "Grow Old With Me" by John Lennon, which was released just before he was assassinated. Not a great song, but so poignant in light of what was to happen.

A good or great piece of music should make you feel something.

Geoff

Comment

No music has ever moved me to tears by itself but in combination with visual images it has, and some music has definitely given me chills and goose bumps.
          Paul

Comment

Yes. In fact, my wife believes that music allows me to experience my feelings in ways that I do not absent the music.
            Sausage With Meat Sause, Please

Comment

I was thinking about this last night, I often experience more emotion from a song than I do with a movie. This may be one reason that I spend more on audio equipment than I do for video...

Comment

Yes... and for a real eye opener, someone here recommended that I read: THIS IS YOUR BRAIN ON MUSIC by Daniel J Levitin(PhD). I procured it on interlibrary loan, and its a terrific book that explains exactly why this is the case(and lots of other amazing things about how we perceive music).

Comment

This is one that moves me: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lalGP1_hgyI

Comment

"Music has charms to soothe the savage beast,
                    To soften rocks, or bend a knotted oak."

William Congreve

Upon reading his other quotes, I came to the conclusion he had, uh, let's say, an interesting relationship with women.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf View Post
                      Yes. The Prayer by Josh Groban and Charlotte Church played on my Cecropia Supremes moved me like that.
                      There are other occurrences as well,
                      Wolf
                      Wow! You are right. That is outstanding!

Comment

Here's one that "moves" me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OB5_oHv88Q
                        R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio

Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
                        Gravity is an overrated force on the cosmic scale. Physicists are missing the bigger picture. They fell into a black hole and were never seen advancing the understanding of the cosmos again.

Comment

100%.
                          Builds - C-Killa - Speedsters - LithMTM - Talking Sticks - Pocket Rockets - Khanspires - Dayton RS Center - RS225/28A - Kairos - Adelphos - SEOS TD12X - Dayton 8 - Needles - 871S - eD6c - Overnight Sensations - Tritrix (ported) - Lineup F4 - Stentorians - The Cheapies - Tub Thumpers - Barbells - Tuba HT - Numerous subwoofers - probably missing a few...... :p

Comment

Originally posted by Pete Schumacher View Post
                            Here's one that "moves" me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OB5_oHv88Q
                            They really use their voices to paint pictures.

Comment

I suspect those who don't listen to music in there adult years have lost that connection between music and emotion. Over the years I've had strong emotional responses to many songs and instrumental pieces. Too many to remember them all.

As a less than 1 yr liver transplant recipient, I've recently been very touched by Greg Allman's "Southern Blood." The closing song is "Song For Adam", penned by Jackson Browne. Gregg is supposed to have had difficulty performing it, as it reminded him of Duane.
                              If life were fair, Elvis would still be alive today and all the impersonators would be dead.
                              ~ Johnny Carson

Bungelow Ed's Photo Album http://techtalk.parts-express.com/album.php?u=8594

Comment

Working...
                              X