No announcement yet.

Music and your emotions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In a slightly off-topic note, the end of the movie Hachi messes me up, too. It's like my pastor says, "Boys don't cry, but real men do". I wouldn't trust someone who's so hardened that nothing can move them to tears.
    Eric L.

Comment

Originally posted by malboro2 View Post
      Yes... and for a real eye opener, someone here recommended that I read: THIS IS YOUR BRAIN ON MUSIC by Daniel J Levitin(PhD). I procured it on interlibrary loan, and its a terrific book that explains exactly why this is the case(and lots of other amazing things about how we perceive music).
      I have the book and have recommended it to others, but uncertain if I recommended it to you.
      Last edited by ; 11-02-2017, 10:48 PM.

Comment

"Not a Speaker Designer - Not even on the Internet"
        "If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."

Comment

Some people handle music differently ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWEj3ks8hro
          Sausage With Meat Sause, Please

Comment

Present company excepted, I guess many people don't recognize music as an art form...but it is, like sculpture, painting, literature, film-making, cuisine, etc. The medium is different: sound waves vs. stone/clay, pigments on canvas, words on a page, moving images or food. Like any art form, music should entertain, provoke thought and elicit an emotional response, encompassing the full range of human experience. Anyways, my 2 cents...

Comment

Originally posted by jclin4 View Post
              ,,, I guess many people don't recognize music as an art form......
              Musicians I know would like to consider themselves Artists ( with Egos that require constant feeding )
              "Not a Speaker Designer - Not even on the Internet"
              "If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."

Comment

The day the pirate retired by brant bjork (Che), my eldest promised to play it at my funeral Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Its based on the individuals emotional content......snowflakes get very emotional at everything. LOL

Comment

Is this the ballad thread?

Don't waste your money on a new set of speakers, you get more mileage from a cheap pair of sneakers. Next phase, new wave, dance craze, anyways it's still rock and roll to me!

Comment

Watching Susan Boyle on Brittains Got Talent always gets to me emotionally.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?time_co...&v=obeE5tKO6jo

Comment

Interesting thread.

Taps can really get to me sometimes, as can Over the Rainbow.

Groban's You Raise Me Up is almost unbearable, as it is associated with a very painful loss.

Ed Henderson

Comment

As I grew up, I listened to my father sing, in the shower, in the house, on stage, wherever. He grew up in New Orleans, and loved singing in the bars there before I was in existence. He loved jazz and classical music, as well as theater. Anything that reminds me of him and what he liked to sing will get to me emotionally. Not necessarily tears, often its more like excitement and being aroused. When I was quite little, I used to make Dad sing a song from Peter Pan, the TV production with Mary Martin playing Peter Pan. The verse said something about "I like to crow" and I would come in like a rooster crowing. I never tired of that (but he did).
                          My mother was a concert level pianist as well. My brother is a professional musician, teaches at Berklee in Boston.
                          Both of my parents are gone now, but music remains a link to them. So music in general is quite emotional for me.

Comment

Originally posted by View Post
                            Watching Susan Boyle on Brittains Got Talent always gets to me emotionally.
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?time_co...&v=obeE5tKO6jo

A good one. I also really love the Paul Potts audition video. I think I've watched it 50 times.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k08yxu57NA
                            Eric L.

Comment

I don't suppose this made anyone's list?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d5eP0wWLQY
                              Sausage With Meat Sause, Please

Comment

To the point of tears? sometimes very close. Typically I get a big rush of emotion and then it washes away. Mostly I get goosebumps.

Comment

Working...
                                X