What? The Catalog is Back?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Millstonemike View Post
    Any idea what woofer is in that speaker?
    Looks just like an Airs 4" inch mid bass I've had my eye on. Looks impressive for a 4 banger. It's often listed as a subwoofer.

Comment

Originally posted by Dropcarve View Post
      Looks just like an Airs 4" inch mid bass I've had my eye on. Looks impressive for a 4 banger. It's often listed as a subwoofer.
      That's a pretty cool looking woofer.
      It looks like a W4-1136 SMF 4" subwoofer from Tang Band if it would ever make such a thing!

TomZ
      *Veneering curves, seams, using heat-lock iron on method *Trimming veneer & tips *Curved Sides glue-up video
      *Part 2 *Gluing multiple curved laminations of HDF *Cello's Speaker Project Page

*Building the "Micro-B 2.1 Plate Amplifier -- Part 1 * Part 2 * Part 3 * Part 4 * * Part 5 'Review' * -- Assembly Instructions PDF

Comment

Actually, although there are lots of speakers from other makers missing, there is still a lot of good info there.

Though all Dayton Audio... there's lots of crossover parts for instance, which is a biggie for me... as well as a good visual selection of various cables and plugs, etc.
        I'd rather have this than nothing... just wish one of you guys had your speakers on the front of it.

But it sounds like it will be in print form, though I can't tell for sure from the wording on the web page. Why go to all that work to only have it as a PDF downloaded electronically? The website is much more searchable in my opinion than this PDF.

TomZ
        *Veneering curves, seams, using heat-lock iron on method *Trimming veneer & tips *Curved Sides glue-up video
        *Part 2 *Gluing multiple curved laminations of HDF *Cello's Speaker Project Page

*Building the "Micro-B 2.1 Plate Amplifier -- Part 1 * Part 2 * Part 3 * Part 4 * * Part 5 'Review' * -- Assembly Instructions PDF

Comment

Tom, the PDF version was likely needed for the "hard copy" printer anyway, so it's no extra work. A model railroad magazine publisher friend of mine, who's putting out a paper bi-monthly, says he could go to a monthly e-zine with less than 1/10th the labor cost. He's probably going to do like "People" magazine and offer a paper bi-monthly for 10 or 12 times the price of the e-zine, with the e-zine having more than double the content.

Comment

Originally posted by tomzarbo View Post
            It looks like a W4-1136 SMF 4" subwoofer from Tang Band if it would ever make such a thing!
            Going from model number differentiation:
            W8-1363
            W6-1139
            W5-1138

I could see W4-1137, but that does not meld with the 8" nomenclature.

Later,
            Wolf
            "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
            "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
            "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
            "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
            http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
            http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

I see some mistakes on page 3-35 for the Mach One replacement woofer....

Comment

FYI,

The drivers in the MK402's are available to you guys and are another new product. Spec sheets are on their way soon.

http://www.parts-express.com/dayton-...4-ohm--295-415

http://www.parts-express.com/dayton-...4-ohm--275-020

This crossover was designed in-house. I worked for a couple weeks with the design on these and did a lot of voicing to get what should be a nice sounding speaker for the masses without having a ton of components. They have gotten several compliments from people around the office thus far. The bass is seriously impressive from these tiny speakers as well.
                Your results may vary.

Comment

Sweet. Nice looking woofer.
                  Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers.

Comment

Is it just me or just obvious that Dayton is branding TB drivers? The first I saw was the W3-1053
                    "A dirty shop is an unsafe shop, if you injure yourself in a clean shop you are just stupid" - Coach Kupchinsky

The Madeleine
                    The Roxster
                    Swopes 5.0
                    Acoustic Panels
                    Living Room Make Over

Comment

Originally posted by Whitneyville1 View Post
                      Tom, the PDF version was likely needed for the "hard copy" printer anyway, so it's no extra work. A model railroad magazine publisher friend of mine, who's putting out a paper bi-monthly, says he could go to a monthly e-zine with less than 1/10th the labor cost. He's probably going to do like "People" magazine and offer a paper bi-monthly for 10 or 12 times the price of the e-zine, with the e-zine having more than double the content.
                      Yup, I understand that being in print for 17 years before teaching. Just hoping that it's not JUST a PDF and is in print as well.

Originally posted by Wolf View Post

Going from model number differentiation:
                      W8-1363
                      W6-1139
                      W5-1138

I could see W4-1137, but that does not meld with the 8" nomenclature.

Later,
                      Wolf
                      Kind of totally kidding on that one.... but it does look a little like what a 4" TB sub based on the 51/4" and 6 1/2" subs look like.

TomZ

Comment

I'm not having any luck downloading or viewing this catalog on Firefox. Everything just kind of locks up and I have to shut it all down. 3 times now. Any ideas?

Comment

I'll try Edge.

Comment

Weird, it works just fine using Edge.

Comment

Originally posted by Gordy View Post
                              Is it just me or just obvious that Dayton is branding TB drivers? The first I saw was the W3-1053
                              That was a special buy, and actually used to be branded as a TB driver. It's not a regularly available TB driver, but a driver to PE's specs and requirements.

Later,
                              Wolf
                              "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                              "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                              "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                              "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
                              http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                              http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Originally posted by mattp View Post
                                FYI,

The drivers in the MK402's are available to you guys and are another new product. Spec sheets are on their way soon.

http://www.parts-express.com/dayton-...4-ohm--295-415

http://www.parts-express.com/dayton-...4-ohm--275-020

This crossover was designed in-house. I worked for a couple weeks with the design on these and did a lot of voicing to get what should be a nice sounding speaker for the masses without having a ton of components. They have gotten several compliments from people around the office thus far. The bass is seriously impressive from these tiny speakers as well.
                                Can you tell us more about the crossover specifics?
                                From the pic it looks like a 334J capacitor a 4 uF NPE cap and a 1 Ohm resistor. Not sure about the iron core inductor value.
                                Description says 1st order woofer, 2nd order tweeter.
                                Iím guessing the iron core inductor and 0.33 uF bypass cap on the woofer, then the 4 uF NPE cap and 1 Ohm resistor on the tweeter, but shouldnít there be another inductor to give the tweeter a second order electrical roll off?

(Iím still a newbie but learning all I can)

Comment

Working...
                                X