What? The Catalog is Back?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ceiol View Post

Can you tell us more about the crossover specifics?
    From the pic it looks like a 334J capacitor a 4 uF NPE cap and a 1 Ohm resistor. Not sure about the iron core inductor value.
    Description says 1st order woofer, 2nd order tweeter.
    I’m guessing the iron core inductor and 0.33 uF bypass cap on the woofer, then the 4 uF NPE cap and 1 Ohm resistor on the tweeter, but shouldn’t there be another inductor to give the tweeter a second order electrical roll off?

(I’m still a newbie but learning all I can)
    The inductor value is .45mh, printed on the board underneath it.
    Maybe mattp can post the xo schematic for us.
    You can search part # 300-455 for more info on the Mk402's

Comment

Originally posted by Dropcarve View Post
      The inductor value is .45mh, printed on the board underneath it.
      Maybe mattp can post the xo schematic for us.
      You can search part # 300-455 for more info on the Mk402's

good eye!

So here's what I have:

0.45 mH inductor before the woofer, bypassed with the 0.33 uF yellow 334j cap (1st order electrical)
      4 uF NPE cap followed (or preceded perhaps) by the 1 Ohm 5W1RJ resistor into the tweeter but this is 1st order electrical, right? So is there another inductor somewhere to make this 2nd order? Or does the tweeter response with the first order electrical xo end up being a 2nd order acoustic xo?

Comment

Originally posted by ceiol View Post

good eye!

So here's what I have:

0.45 mH inductor before the woofer, bypassed with the 0.33 uF yellow 334j cap (1st order electrical)
        4 uF NPE cap followed (or preceded perhaps) by the 1 Ohm 5W1RJ resistor into the tweeter but this is 1st order electrical, right? So is there another inductor somewhere to make this 2nd order? Or does the tweeter response with the first order electrical xo end up being a 2nd order acoustic xo?
        There has to be another inductor in there somewhere. We may have to wait and reverse engineer the xo.
        I would buy a set of mk402's but that would feel like cheating. I'd rather buy the drivers and build my own version. I'm thinking a TMM design.

Comment

Negative. This is a mistake (my mistake) in the print. These are both first order electrical filters. The low pass is second order acoustical and the high pass worked out to third order acoustic. I will post a schematic a little bit later.
          Your results may vary.

Comment

We would appreciate that. Thanks Matt!

Comment

Originally posted by mattp View Post
              Negative. This is a mistake (my mistake) in the print. These are both first order electrical filters. The low pass is second order acoustical and the high pass worked out to third order acoustic. I will post a schematic a little bit later.

thanks -- always trying to learn !

here's what it should be (right?):

4 uF NPE cap followed (or preceded perhaps) by the 1 Ohm 5W1RJ resistor into the tweeter (1st order electrical)

Comment

Got mine TODAY !

Comment

Working...
                X