Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20Lbs of GLORY!

ATC dome mid... nice
    "The ability of any system to produce exceptional sound will be limited mainly by the capability of the speakers" Jim Salk
    "Audio is surely a journey full of revelations as you go" JasonP

Comment

Nope. Volt.

Comment

I really had no idea how large those were, the pictures don't do them justice. The magnet being 8" in diameter and the 20-lb weight makes those things about 4x larger than my 3FE22 full-range drivers, and about 20x heavier.

Comment

Originally posted by xmax View Post
          Nope. Volt.
          ​Wow, spendy beast!! Can't wait to hear what you think of it! I've never heard one before.
          "The ability of any system to produce exceptional sound will be limited mainly by the capability of the speakers" Jim Salk
          "Audio is surely a journey full of revelations as you go" JasonP

Comment

Very nice! I've never seen one of those before except on solen.

Comment

So far so good, as expected it measures similar to the ATC and Tang Band 3" domes
              with a little more break-up above 3K and it is extremely efficient, @ 1200Hz
              without a baffle it is about 2dB more efficient than the TW29BN (@ 4K).
              All this is telling me if I implement these properly they should sound
              extremely detailed and "fast". With great power comes great responsibility!

Comment

How low can you reasonably cross it?
                R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio

Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
                Gravity is an overrated force on the cosmic scale. Physicists are missing the bigger picture. They fell into a black hole and were never seen advancing the understanding of the cosmos again.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete Schumacher View Post
                  How low can you reasonably cross it?
                  500 hz for the Volt, 600 for the ATC. so no real difference.
                  craigk

" Voicing is often the term used for band aids to cover for initial design/planning errors " - Pallas

Comment

hey glorious, what about the other pics?

Comment

who is the supplier ?
                      donc

Comment

Originally posted by craigk View Post

500 hz for the Volt, 600 for the ATC. so no real difference.
                        ​Craig are they basically the same design, I know the ATC is an older model but is the Volt a modern version of the ATC?

Comment

I think they are very similar, excepy magnet size and weight.
                          craigk

" Voicing is often the term used for band aids to cover for initial design/planning errors " - Pallas

Comment

Working...
                          X