OT To all veterans...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT To all veterans...

I want to say thank you for your service and a happy Veterans Day. I served from 1986 to 2000 and spent 1990/91 in Saudi Arabia for Desert Storm. The greatest privilege of my life was having the ability to serve.
    https://www.facebook.com/Mosaic-Audi...7373763888294/

Thank you, Chuck, and all of our military people, veterans and those still active, for your service to our country.
    Paul

Comment

Yes, THANK YOU to all veterans. I never served but my dad got to go on one of the last WWII "Honor Flights" (almost 5 yrs ago now). I know they took Korean and Vietnam vets then, and possibly still are. There's really no way to adequately thank someone even for just dedicating several yrs of our (short) lives (- and for some, a lifetime), much less putting themselves in harm's way. Again, many thanks.

Comment

No we are the ones who are privlaged for thier service of our vets to us.

Father and stepfather were Air Force Vietnam vets.
        Father in law was a WW II Navy vet.
        Brother in law was in the Navy on a submarine.
        Niece’s son is in the Marines.

Thanks to all of you for your service.
        Last edited by fdieck; 11-10-2017, 12:39 PM.

Comment

USAF 1972-1975
          Blytheville AFB which was a SAC base
          Worked on the AGM-28b air-to-ground nuclear missile

Comment

Thank you to all who have served our country.

Comment

Thanks to all of the brave men and women to made the choice to defend and protect our country.
              *Veneering curves, seams, using heat-lock iron on method *Trimming veneer & tips *Curved Sides glue-up video
              *Part 2 *Gluing multiple curved laminations of HDF *Cello's Speaker Project Page

*Building the "Micro-B 2.1 Plate Amplifier -- Part 1 * Part 2 * Part 3 * Part 4 * * Part 5 'Review' * -- Assembly Instructions PDF

Comment

USMC 83 - 87. thanks to all who served.
                craigk

" Voicing is often the term used for band aids to cover for initial design/planning errors " - Pallas

Comment

Yes, many thanks. Including my big bro, former navy, now nypd, who was called down to ground zero on that fateful day. He survived and is still saving lives. I don't know how he does it.

Comment

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
                    Between the crosses, row on row,
                    That mark our place; and in the sky
                    The larks, still bravely singing, fly
                    Scarce heard amid the guns below.
                    We are the Dead. Short days ago
                    We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
                    Loved and were loved, and now we lie
                    In Flanders fields.
                    Take up our quarrel with the foe:
                    To you from failing hands we throw
                    The torch; be yours to hold it high.
                    If ye break faith with us who die
                    We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
                    In Flanders fields.

by John McCrae, May 1915
                    No matter where you go, there you are.
                    Website

Comment

1972 - 1975 - Medical Corps, South Vietnamese Army. Thank you to all who served and died in Vietnam without getting the recognition you deserved because of the war's unpopularity. Without you, my community, my family and I wouldn't have the free existence we currently enjoy.
                      Some people are addicted to Vicodin. I'm addicted to speaker building.

The Chorales - Usher 8945A/Vifa XT25TG Build
                      ESP Project 101 Lateral MOSFET Amplifier
                      LM4780 Parallel Chipamp
                      Sonata Soundbar Project
                      The Renditions - Active/Passive Towers

Comment

Thank you indeed.

In Australia, we have 'Remembrance Day' which commemorates the signing of the WW1 Armistice on November 11, 1918. My grandfather served as a despatch rider with the Australian Infantry Force on the Western Front, and luckily for me, he survived.

The Australian, New Zealand and American ground, air and naval forces which fought in New Guinea and the Coral Sea in 1941/42 saved Australia from invasion by the Japanese; and without their service and sacrifice, I wouldn't be here and Australia would be a different country.

In my spare time I work as a guide at the Royal Australian Air Force Museum, Point Cook, and try to convey to visitors of all ages the debt we owe to these men and women.

Sadly, almost all the veterans of these campaigns have passed on, but I was privileged to meet a few of them: their modesty about what they did was humbling.

Lest We Forget

Geoff

Comment

Thank you
                          And, Happy Veterans Day.

Comment

Somewhere I read: 11:11am (where, France?, Germany?) on Nov. 11th. Not sure what the significance was though?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Roemer View Post
                              Somewhere I read: 11:11am (where, France?, Germany?) on Nov. 11th. Not sure what the significance was though?
                              Hi Chris

The Armistice to end WW1 was signed at 11.00am on 11 November, 1918 in France.

In Melbourne's Shrine of Remembrance, at that time and date the sun shines through a window and falls on the tomb of The Unknown Soldier. The tomb is inscribed "Greater Love Hath No Man Than to Lay Down His Life for his Friends".

Geoff

Comment

Working...
                              X