Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ting-turntable
    craigk

" Voicing is often the term used for band aids to cover for initial design/planning errors " - Pallas

Comment

But his platter is aluminum

Comment

Pretty cool. Though I expected that the platter would spin for many more revolutions than it did in your video. Seems like you still have some friction in the bearing to overcome.
        R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio

Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
        Gravity is an overrated force on the cosmic scale. Physicists are missing the bigger picture. They fell into a black hole and were never seen advancing the understanding of the cosmos again.

Comment

Since this is a true highend build, have you considered a counter rotating platter ?
          craigk

" Voicing is often the term used for band aids to cover for initial design/planning errors " - Pallas

Comment

Originally posted by Pete Schumacher View Post
            Pretty cool. Though I expected that the platter would spin for many more revolutions than it did in your video. Seems like you still have some friction in the bearing to overcome.
            Not as much friction as the cartridge stylus in the grove......

Comment

I tried spinning a ball bearing TT I'm working on, it spun nearly 1 min. The bearings are very quiet, not certain why others don't use ball bearings, rather than sleeves.

Comment

Working...
              X