No announcement yet.

Americana's My 2018 Indiyana entry

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wife thought they were the one of best looking speakers at the show.
    John H

Synergy Horn, SLS-85, BMR-3L, Mini-TL, BR-2, Titan OB, B452, Udique, Vultus, Latus1, Seriatim, Aperivox,Pencil Tower

Comment

Not only was the finish outstanding, but to me they were the most "all day listenable" of the coax builds. A couple with the Dayton coax had the same trait, but I feel like it came at the expense of a little detail that the Americana managed to preserve.
      nothing can stop me now

Comment

Thanks guys, one of the things I strive for is little to no fatigue.

Comment

Here is the final response. Click image for larger version

Name:	americana final.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	1374145

Comment

I have some W69 sitting around. *Interested in your build using them. *What size box, the F3, port size and any other details would be appreciated. *Also would love to see your crossover and your thoughts on how the W69 sounded.
            Looks like a great build.

Comment

To my old ears, these were the best sounding speakers in the competition. Very smooth and liquid from top to bottom. Excellent tonal balance. Keith's speakers had a bit more detail and resolving power, but my ears seem to prefer a slightly softer sound. Nice set of pictures, too. I have a bunch of pictures and will be posting one in a few minutes on the other thread. Bill
              Plumber's Delight: http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...notech-winners
              Linehopper: http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...Esoteric-build
              Plan-Tanic: http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...ght=Plan-Tanic

Comment

The w69 is in a 26l box tuned to 36hz which gives f3 37hz, f6 32hz, f10 28hz. *The w69 sounds excellent as long as you use it as a woofer and not a mid woofer. *I used the rs100p, but I also tried the rs100 and the match to the aluminum cone was even better, if I were to build a non coax 3 way with the w69 I would indeed mate it with the rs100. *The tonality of those two together was spot on. *If you want the crossover for that combo let me know and I will post it.

Comment

Thanks Bill, yeah I tend to like smooth as well.

Comment

How did you dislodge the phase plug? Is that in a previous post?
                    nothing can stop me now

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk View Post
                      How did you dislodge the phase plug? Is that in a previous post?
                      Super simple to do Dirk....use a punch that fits the motor vent hole in the back and give it a sharp hit with a hammer. *The plug is held in with what appears to be a dab of epoxy.

Comment

Thanks, I would love to see the crossover. Again a great build.

Comment

Give me a couple of days to draw something up, but be forewarned this may anger the parts count police. *There are a lot of parts, but they all have a purpose, I will explain further when I post the diagram.

Comment

Working...
                          X