Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daytons kab-215 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Speaking with two techs on the phone at PE, they both seem to believe the amp is the weak point and bumping up to the kab-230 amp should help deliver that midbass im lacking. I hate having to buy another amp. Does this sound reasonable? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by ameuba10 View Post
        Speaking with two techs on the phone at PE, they both seem to believe the amp is the weak point and bumping up to the kab-230 amp should help deliver that midbass im lacking. I hate having to buy another amp. Does this sound reasonable? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        There is one review on the KAB215 that also seems to have limited bass. But other's here have not had an issue IIRC with bass (but perhaps they were using a sub as well). Wait for others to chime in before buting again.

Comment

Add the notch x-o for 5 db baffle step before buying another amp. PM me your address if you need the cap and resistor.
          John H

Synergy Horn, SLS-85, BMR-3L, Mini-TL, BR-2, Titan OB, B452, Udique, Vultus, Latus1, Seriatim, Aperivox,Pencil Tower

Comment

What is the PS you are using to drive the KAB? Output voltage and amp rating?

Comment

You could try an experiment. Get a large sheet of cardboard, like from a refrigerator box, and cut out a slot just big enough for the baffle to fit through, then play the system to see if the bass comes up. You would essentially be simulating a wall mount.

Comment

Two people have told you where the problem is, but you don't seem to believe us. Take a very close look at post #11, and try to imagine why your filter did not work.

Comment

Working...
                X