Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driver/Enclosure Model Request...

Need help modeling my Freebie 18's subs

Not sure if these are worth playing with but my curiosity has me caught. A fellow friend dumped 4 of these Rockville (I laughed too) 18" pro audio drivers. The first thing that came to mind was V.B.S.S build.

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/155-di...gn-thread.html

Anyhow... these are like Ultra Budget sub drivers but look to be built pretty decent. I have not hooked them up to anything so who knows how they perform in real life.

Here are the advertised parameters:

https://www.rockvilleaudio.com/rvp18w8/

Mounting Depth: 7.17" inches
    Frequency Response: 26 Hz to 500 Hz
    Sensitivity: 101dB @ 1w/1m
    REVC: 6.8 Ohm
    FO: 31.672 Hz
    SD: 1.288 sqCM
    BL: 18.769 TM
    QMS: 5.826
    QES: 0.585
    QTS: 0.531
    NO: 2.055%
    SPLO: 101 dB
    VAS: 390.980 Ltr
    CMS: 165.907 uM/N
    KRM: 9.870 m Ohm
    ERM: 0.783
    MMS: 152.200 g
    MMD: 125.613 g
    KXM: 57.704 m Ohm
    EXM: 0.652

would anyone be willing to model this for me? I'd be smitten if I could use these performed like the V.B.S.S.

Thanks

They model great, 22Hz f3... in 36 cu ft tuned to 24Hz.

Sealed f3 is 45hz...in 18 cu ft.

That's if you can believe the specs at all. Sensitivity is overstated by 6dB.

www.billfitzmaurice.com
    www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

Comment

You too can DIY. It's not hard...

http://www.linearteam.org/
      Don't waste your money on a new set of speakers, you get more mileage from a cheap pair of sneakers. Next phase, new wave, dance craze, anyways it's still rock and roll to me!

Comment

Originally posted by billfitzmaurice View Post
        They model great, 22Hz f3... in 36 cu ft tuned to 24Hz.

Sealed f3 is 45hz...in 18 cu ft.

That's if you can believe the specs at all. Sensitivity is overstated by 6dB.

Are you saying 36 cu ft per driver? lol I have slot ported 12 cu ft box collecting dust.... I guess I'll cut whole and see how it does.

BTW.... I built 2 of your THT subs with the Old Dayton 15 inch DVC a few years back... Man I love those subs. Im going to build 2 more utilizing the RS460HF this winter.

Comment

They should do 30 in 15cf, tuned to 26.

Comment

These might be candidates for an isobaric box, cutting the net box volume by half. If I had them and wanted to use them that would probably be my choice. It's a rarely used configuration today, but it was semi-popular decades ago when drivers with huge Vas plus high Qes were the rule rather than the exception. As for the advertised use, a DJ-PA sub, faggedaboutit.
            www.billfitzmaurice.com
            www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

Comment

Working...
            X