Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Design using SB15MFC30-4 & BC25TG15-04

Hello guys!

I have a couple drivers laying around from a car audio install that I want to repurpose for a fun boombox build:

SB15MFC30-4
    BC25TG15-04

I know these drivers are relatively popular budget options and I was wondering if anyone has made a design for these? My design skills are lacking and to be honest I don't have a lot of spare time.

On that same note, is there a member that still offers CNC router work? Haven't been here in a while and I know in the past some members offered services.

Really appreciate any help

Have some .frd and .zma files of the bc25tg, but will have to make some for the sb15mfc30. When time allows, I'll try and sim them in WinPCD and Xsim.
    http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...khanspires-but
    http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...pico-neo-build
    http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...ensation-build

Comment

Mike220 does CNC router work. Shoot him a PM.
      Craig

Comment

Builds - C-Killa - Speedsters - LithMTM - Talking Sticks - Pocket Rockets - Khanspires - Dayton RS Center - RS225/28A - Kairos - Adelphos - SEOS TD12X - Dayton 8 - Needles - 871S - eD6c - Overnight Sensations - Tritrix (ported) - Lineup F4 - Stentorians - The Cheapies - Tub Thumpers - Barbells - Tuba HT - Numerous subwoofers - probably missing a few...... :p

Comment

Thanks for the responses guys. I'm thinking of making it solar powered just for fun. The "30" watt amplifier kits from Dayton sure make it easy to build a battery powered rig.

Comment

I haven't used the woofer (quite pricey in Australia) but the VIFA is really nice for the money. It looks like the woofer has a rising and loud top end will need some massaging in the crossover parts selection to make it work well.

Kornbread (like all PETT members) gave me a lot of help on a recent Xsim modelling exercise with this tweeter and a Peerless woofer and his files were much more accurate than mine. I used fptrace (thank you Chris R) to get zma and frd files for the SB woofer using the factory graphs with no measurement, of course. Those files are attached.

These files can be used in Xsim or WinPCD to model a crossover, although it's only a model. I had a go at using your drivers in Xsim but couldn't get it to look right, but I 'm very much on L-plates.

Good luck

Geoff
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Geoff Millar; 12-19-2017, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fast1one View Post
              Hello guys!

I have a couple drivers laying around from a car audio install that I want to repurpose for a fun boombox build:

SB15MFC30-4
              BC25TG15-04

I know these drivers are relatively popular budget options and I was wondering if anyone has made a design for these? My design skills are lacking and to be honest I don't have a lot of spare time.

On that same note, is there a member that still offers CNC router work? Haven't been here in a while and I know in the past some members offered services.

Really appreciate any help
              Hello and Happy Christmas

I had another go at this in Xsim, but I am a total newbie to this business: I managed to get an OK FR graph in Xsim but the crossover point was about 2000Hz, which might be a bit too low too low for this tweeter, as its resonant frequency is about 1100 Hz and I think (drawing on others' knowledge) that the crossover point should be at least double that frequency.

From what I can work out from XSim (thanks Mr Radick!) it has about 3dB of baffle step compensation.

Please note that:1) I'm very inexperienced at this; 2) I don't have access to the woofer 3) I don't know the cabinet size 4) I have no idea if the L-Pad values make sense or are electrically sensible; and 5) I've only built others' designs.

Maybe other PETT members who know much more than I can have a go?

They would be much more likely to come up with something workable!

Click image for larger version

Name:	SB and VIFA draft crossover.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	22.1 KB
ID:	1357640

Geoff.
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X