Iron Driver style event in Grand Rapids - June 16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mzisserson View Post
    So...... What are the full set of rules/details? Roman brought up a good point. We went through some pretty fine details to keep it as blind as possible right up to anyone involved with the physical handling of the speakers not being able to judge since they knew what speKers belonged to who. Also being able to fit on stands to make ship-ins have a chance, too. And on.....
    Full details haven’t been worked out yet. We plan to keep it blind and anyone handling the speakers won’t get a vote. With regards to the size and fitting on stands, not sure if that is staying or not. But we will allow ship ins.
    -Kerry

Comment

bumping back up for visibility
      -Kerry

Comment

I've always the liked the blind listening aspect of the Iron Driver, but couldn't justify the trip cost and logistics to NY. Now that it's in MI I plan on attending. Kudos to all involved.
        "Everything is nothing without a high sound quality." (Sure Electronics)

Comment

Originally posted by ernperkins View Post
          I've always the liked the blind listening aspect of the Iron Driver, but couldn't justify the trip cost and logistics to NY. Now that it's in MI I plan on attending. Kudos to all involved.
          +1
          Craig

The lowest possible F3 box alignment is not always the best alignment.

Designing and building speaker projects are like playing with adult Lego Blocks for me.

Comment

I would ship something.
            Kenny

http://www.diy-ny.com/
            DIY NY/NJ 2014 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGwA...ature=youtu.be
            Man does not live by measurements alone, a little music helps.

Comment

Another bump before Christmas
              -Kerry

Comment

So it looks like $250 is the winner by a large margin. Looking for driver recommendations now. I'll start a new thread with some options in a few days. My first couple ideas are a few of the new Peerless tweeters (DA25BG, DX25BG, or DX20BF) and the newish Dayton DSA series woofers in the 5" or 6" model.
                -Kerry

Comment

I'm in.
                  Guess xmax's age.

My guess: 15. His grammar is passable. His trolling is good.

Comment

Originally posted by Navy Guy View Post
                    So it looks like $250 is the winner by a large margin. Looking for driver recommendations now. I'll start a new thread with some options in a few days. My first couple ideas are a few of the new Peerless tweeters (DA25BG, DX25BG, or DX20BF) and the newish Dayton DSA series woofers in the 5" or 6" model.
                    Not knocking Dayton drivers, but I would really like to see something else used for a change of pace.
                    craigk

" Voicing is often the term used for band aids to cover for initial design/planning errors " - Pallas

Comment

SB is always nice, the plastic frame drivers could make 4 mid-basses possible or raise the tweeter budget and
                      they are quite good!, TB can be very good too.
                      Guess xmax's age.

Comment

So the rules are you have to use the iron driver plus anything you want within the budget (drivers and crossovers per pair)?
                        Guess xmax's age.

Comment

Is June a go? I need to know of I am going to do DDIY or not.
                          Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers.

Comment

why no DDIY? that's the closest one I can drive to....!

Comment

May? July?? August???

Comment

And what are the rules?
                                Guess xmax's age.

Comment

Working...
                                X