X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navy Guy
    replied
    Originally posted by craigk View Post

Not knocking Dayton drivers, but I would really like to see something else used for a change of pace.
    Yeah, I mean I'm not set one way or another. I know they get used a lot, but on the other hand, none of the Iron Driver events used Dayton drivers to my knowledge.

Leave a comment:

• Navy Guy
    replied
    Originally posted by johnnyrichards View Post
    June works best for me.
    Johnny, don't cancel Dakota for this. If it's a big concern for people to have them in the same month, I'll talk to Mark about moving to May or July.

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied
    Grand Rapids is pretty much always in September for a reason- most of the other months are taken in terms of speaker DIY events to my knowledge.
    In general:

April is InDIYana
    May?
    June is Dakota DIY
    July is MWAF
    August is way too hot in the Midwest, IMO, but it's open. Most families travel in this month.
    September is Grand Rapids DIY
    October is Iowa DIY
    November is CKY-DIY

Later,
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• johnnyrichards
    replied
    June works best for me.

Leave a comment:

• xmax
    replied
    And what are the rules?

Leave a comment:

• ani_101
    replied
    May? July?? August???

Leave a comment:

• ani_101
    replied
    why no DDIY? that's the closest one I can drive to....!

Leave a comment:

• johnnyrichards
    replied
    Is June a go? I need to know of I am going to do DDIY or not.

Leave a comment:

• xmax
    replied
    So the rules are you have to use the iron driver plus anything you want within the budget (drivers and crossovers per pair)?

Leave a comment:

• xmax
    replied
    SB is always nice, the plastic frame drivers could make 4 mid-basses possible or raise the tweeter budget and
    they are quite good!, TB can be very good too.

Leave a comment:

• craigk
    replied
    Originally posted by Navy Guy View Post
    So it looks like $250 is the winner by a large margin. Looking for driver recommendations now. I'll start a new thread with some options in a few days. My first couple ideas are a few of the new Peerless tweeters (DA25BG, DX25BG, or DX20BF) and the newish Dayton DSA series woofers in the 5" or 6" model.
    Not knocking Dayton drivers, but I would really like to see something else used for a change of pace.

Leave a comment:

• xmax
    replied
    I'm in.

Leave a comment:

• Navy Guy
    replied
    So it looks like $250 is the winner by a large margin. Looking for driver recommendations now. I'll start a new thread with some options in a few days. My first couple ideas are a few of the new Peerless tweeters (DA25BG, DX25BG, or DX20BF) and the newish Dayton DSA series woofers in the 5" or 6" model.

Leave a comment:

• Navy Guy
    replied
    Another bump before Christmas

Leave a comment:

• kenny_k
    replied
    I would ship something.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X