No announcement yet.

Accuton C168-6-990 7" ceramic midrange

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also these, with a similar if not same ceramic process to the SB. Alpair 7&10 moap. Sorry cant post links to vendor (PE rules) Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bill poster View Post
      Also these, with a similar if not same ceramic process to the SB. Alpair 7&10 moap. Sorry cant post links to vendor (PE rules) Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

What is the model number? I couldn't find Mark Audio Ceramic driver

Comment

Originally posted by ani_101 View Post

What is the model number? I couldn't find Mark Audio Ceramic driver
        Hi Ani sorry not to reply before. Its a special order through MA but I've seen it on sale in japan. A bit of internet digging will bring these up. I think they are called MAOP.

Queation about tbe Accuton's- would it be possible to cross these to the Viawave GRT145? I can see from the 3rd harmonic rise (more a bump than a spike) the Accutons would best be crossed under around 2250hz. Troels has crossed the Viawave pretty low for his build, so I'm think its possible?

Comment

Hi Ani sorry not to reply before. Its a special order through MA but I've seen it on sale in japan. A bit of internet digging will bring these up. I think they are called MAOP.

Queation about tbe Accuton's- would it be possible to cross these to the Viawave GRT145? I can see from the 3rd harmonic rise (more a bump than a spike) the Accutons would best be crossed under around 2250hz. Troels has crossed the Viawave pretty low for his build, so I'm think its possible?

which Accuton, the one as referred to by the OP? the GRT should be able to cross to it. I am planning to use it at about 1800, but I am still a bit further off from actual implementation.

Comment

which Accuton, the one as referred to by the OP? the GRT should be able to cross to it. I am planning to use it at about 1800, but I am still a bit further off from actual implementation.
            Thanks Ani. Which driver are you crossing at 1800? The Viawaves? Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Comment

GRT145 can be crossed below 2k. High order crossover. I am not sure if it'll sound the best crossed that low tho. I'd probably be sacrificing off axis smoothness and cross it a bit higher.
              But it is possible. I'd be interested to hear your impressions.

BTW, wave guides will be available for 145 soon. It'll be a direct replacement for a flat face-plate in terms of mounting. If the low x-F is a must, I'd wait for a bit.
              http://www.diy-ny.com/

Comment

Originally posted by r-carpenter View Post
                BTW, wave guides will be available for 145 soon. It'll be a direct replacement for a flat face-plate in terms of mounting. If the low x-F is a must, I'd wait for a bit.
                Didnt know a waveguide version was in development. Just cnc'd a pair of shallow 'raidho' style guides for mine

Comment

Originally posted by captainobvious99 View Post
                  Hypertune- Thanks for sharing the pic! Looks like about 2 7/8" mounting depth.

Wolf- They would likely be installed in custom a-pillars if I went with the Accutons. (pics below of the current setup. Some were taken before finishing touches)

I currently use the Satori MR13P along with the Satori TW29BN and Scan 25W-8565-00 woofers. The Satori mids are installed in dampened, sealed enclosures of about 1.5 liters. This combo is very, very good but even with active processing I still think I would get a little better performance and imaging by getting the midrange and tweeter positioned closer together. And if i do make a change and need to rebuild some things, I may as well do it based on the best drivers I can use for the application (If there is better to be had). The Audio Technology mids look very interesting for sure, I'd just have to see if I can make them fit along with a suitable smaller format tweeter to pair with them. The other option is an outstanding concentric driver, if one exists (Kef, Tannoy, Seas, etc.)

Thanks guys for your input.

That's a very nice install! Maybe you could make the mid pods bigger and put the tweeter in it, where are you crossing them over? I learned the hard way the TW29BN does not like to
                  go low, in my experience even running it under 2500hz doubled the distortion and made it sound average at best, however when properly filtered it is up there with as good as it gets.
                  Guess xmax's age.

My guess: 15. His grammar is passable. His trolling is good.

Comment

The Satori Be doesn't go below 2500?

Comment

The Satori Be doesn't go below 2500?

You can but the performance is compromised.
                      Guess xmax's age.

My guess: 15. His grammar is passable. His trolling is good.

Comment

Didnt know a waveguide version was in development. Just cnc'd a pair of shallow 'raidho' style guides for mine

Comment

So Roman, its just a guide that sits on top of the existing faceplate? Magnetically attached? How thick is it?

I'm ready to order!
                          R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio

Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
                          "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

Guide so far is 110mm in diameter and under 20mm in depth. It will attach to the faceplate through mounting holes. They just aren't drawn yet. Or for the rear mounting, holes can be pre-drilled from the inside. It just means, making another fixture for the CNC. There will be a custom made gasket between the plate and the guide.
                            I am guessing, in 2019, there will be cast aluminum, powder coated guide not unlike RT-850 sports. Myself, I do like the idea of exotic wood, better.

Comment

Originally posted by r-carpenter View Post
                              Guide so far is 110mm in diameter and under 20mm in depth. It will attach to the faceplate through mounting holes. They just aren't drawn yet. Or for the rear mounting, holes can be pre-drilled from the inside. It just means, making another fixture for the CNC. There will be a custom made gasket between the plate and the guide.
                              I am guessing, in 2019, there will be cast aluminum, powder coated guide not unlike RT-850 sports. Myself, I do like the idea of exotic wood, better.
                              So it won't be ready for another year? :(
                              R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio

Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
                              "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

So it won't be ready for another year? :(
                                CNCed guides wooden will be ready soon. Cast Aluminum guides will not be ready for a while.

Comment

Working...
                                X