EveryCircuit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EveryCircuit

Have any of you played with EveryCircuit? I've been studying up on speaker design and lurking for a while and have gotten so enamored by it that I'm going back to school for EE. I found this app that lets you model circuits in real time and have been playing around with filters and crossovers. It lets you see the FR and phase and as you adjust inductor and capacitor values, it alters the graph.

No, but I've found Xsim to be good and it does exactly what you describe; couldn't get my brain around Passive Crossover Designer (Win PCD) but.

Geoff

Comment

I think I've downloaded Xsim and PCD but I don't have Excel. I'm waiting for my student aid and tax refund to come in so I can snag a copy of Office (hopefully with some student discount), a DATS system, an LC meter, and a cheap oscilloscope. I might just build the pinned jig but the rumor is it's not as good as DATS. Trying to make this happen on a tight budget lol.

Comment

Originally posted by hardcorecap View Post
        I think I've downloaded Xsim and PCD but I don't have Excel. I'm waiting for my student aid and tax refund to come in so I can snag a copy of Office (hopefully with some student discount), a DATS system, an LC meter, and a cheap oscilloscope. I might just build the pinned jig but the rumor is it's not as good as DATS. Trying to make this happen on a tight budget lol.
        Win PCD doesn't need Excel, I'm pleased to say, it just works in Windows - Excel is an awful piece of software: rigid, counter-intuitive and clunky

Geoff

Comment

Sweet, thanks for the info. I'll have to install that soon and play around with it.

Comment

DATS (by itself) will read reactive components (coils & caps), so you don't need an LC meter then. If you understand what you're doing, you can use an impedance jig with the (FREE) ARTA suite - and could then skip the DATS as well. Also, I've never heard of anyone on TT using a 'scope to design speakers.

Comment

The scope I'll need for school and other home projects. You can see where an amplifier distorts visually with a scope which is kind of cool

Comment

Working...
              X