X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Billet
    Midrange Member
    • Sep 2017

Originally posted by 1100xxben
    I got my crossover parts ordered today! Hopefully I can get everything done in time. Unfortunately my speakers will be bare this year, but that's what happens when you scrap your box design and start over one week before the contest :-)
    Not to worry, I'm right there with you... I've got one nearly done, and another waiting for the glue to dry.

Comment

• Wolf
      Obsessed & Proud of It
      • Sep 2005

Wow- makes me feel like I had a chance...
      Nah- I never would have completed mine enough to play. Just not enough time....
      Wolf
      "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
      "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
      "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
      "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
      https://app.photobucket.com/u/wolf_teeth_speaker

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
      http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

• 1100xxben
        Seasoned Veteran
        • May 2008

Originally posted by Wolf
        Wow- makes me feel like I had a chance...
        Nah- I never would have completed mine enough to play. Just not enough time....
        Wolf
        I never said it was going to sound good... we'll see how it turns out.  If everything works out, I might actually have some time to listen/tweak AND get some sleep before the event this year!

Comment

• Wolf
          Obsessed & Proud of It
          • Sep 2005

Sleep!? Let's not get hasty! Next thing you know you might actually enjoy yourself, and we can't have that now can we?
          Wolf
          "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:

Comment

• kenny_k
            Seasoned Veteran
            • Jul 2010

BooHoo, I can't get off. I'm on the whole weekend. Depressing.  
            Kenny

http://www.diy-ny.com/
            DIY NY/NJ 2014 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGwA...ature=youtu.be
            Man does not live by measurements alone, a little music helps.

Comment

• Dirk
              Seasoned Veteran
              • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Billet

Not to worry, I'm right there with you... I've got one nearly done, and another waiting for the glue to dry.
              Then I guess I'm ahead of the game for having slapped on some yellow glue slurry to protect the MDF edges in transit. :D

I love this hobby. We reward and respect finishing skills, but ultimately...the aesthetic bar is pretty low.

Comment

• Wolf
                Obsessed & Proud of It
                • Sep 2005

Okay- Dinner on Friday night is currently reserved for 30 people (individual checks, they already asked. =)) at the Trolley Bar for 7pm (Sorry, PaulK, they couldn't do sooner.). Pending more people, I will let them know for sure at 4pm on Friday afternoon.

They really did a great job for us last year, and the food was great!

Sorry you can't make it Kenny,
                Wolf

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:

Comment

• brkitup
                  Midrange Member
                  • Jul 2009

You betcha! I believe we've hit 60 before, but it's been a few years. I've only ever attended one other DIY at this attendance level out in Iowa. I believe they had 72 that year I'm thinking of. Dayton/MWAF has never been above 70, TMK. Truly an immense amount of people for this one...

Later,
                  Wolf
                  Yeah, I'm not sure why all the stars aligned on this one, but it should be a good time. It's nice to know this hobby is so healthy!
                  Eric L.

Comment

• Paul K.
                    Seasoned Veteran
                    • Sep 2005

Bummer.
                    But you are correct about the service and food there last year.

Okay- Dinner on Friday night is currently reserved for 30 people (individual checks, they already asked. =))Â*at the Trolley Bar for 7pm (Sorry, PaulK, they couldn't do sooner.). Pending more people, I will let them know for sure at 4pm on Friday afternoon.

Wolf
                    Â*

Comment

• Paul Ebert
                      • Jun 2008

Ben, could you please include me for the dinner? I'll be leaving after work, but I'm planning to leave around 4:00, so I think I can make it before 7:00.

Okay- Dinner on Friday night is currently reserved for 30 people (individual checks, they already asked. =))Â*at the Trolley Bar for 7pm (Sorry, PaulK, they couldn't do sooner.). Pending more people, I will let them know for sure at 4pm on Friday afternoon.

Wolf

Comment

• ksneote
                        Been Around Awhile
                        • May 2015

Wolf
                        Wolf, I'd like to attend the dinner as well! If you could add me to the reservation. Thanks.

Comment

• Wolf
                          Obsessed & Proud of It
                          • Sep 2005

We'll do a head count at the event to make sure. I've not actually counted that we'll have 30 people, nor have I assigned names to those 30 places.

Later,
                          Wolf

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:

Comment

• Billet
                            Midrange Member
                            • Sep 2017

I'm planning to be there sometime in the early afternoon, I am thinking dinner at the Trolley sounds pretty good.

Comment

• KEtheredge87
                              Seasoned Veteran
                              • Jan 2015

Like Billet, I expect I'll be there some time around 12 or 1. I liked the Trolley last year, so I'm happy to be going back. Seeing everyone tomorrow is going to be great! Feels like this has been a long time in the works.
                              Voxel Down Firing with Dayton SA70
                              Translam Subwoofers - The Jedi Mind Tricks
                              The Super Bees - Garage 2 way
                              SevenSixTwo - InDIYana 2018 Coax
                              The Defiants - InDIYana 2019 "Bare Minimum" Build

Comment

• ani_101
                                Seasoned Veteran
                                • Feb 2012

I will be there on Saturday morning, after driving all night - will only have one non competition project, couldn't complete the Competition Project.

Comment

Working...