Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

powering huge power hungry sub woofers ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• powering huge power hungry sub woofers ?

what amplifiers are used to get the most from 18" and 24" sub woofers such as the S.I.'s ?
    donc

The King needs a Crown.
    R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio

Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
    "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

For the 18"s you can get away with a Behringer iNuke NU6000 or a similarly powerful Crown. For the 24"s I recommend SpeakerPower amps. They're expensive, but performance wise they're much better than the iNukes in every metric.

Comment

https://www.hypex.nl/product/ucd2k-oem/57
        Guess xmax's age.

My guess: 15. His grammar is passable. His trolling is good.

Comment

The King needs a Crown.
          No doubt.
          https://www.facebook.com/Mosaic-Audi...7373763888294/

Comment

Definitely amplifiers from the pro audio market, speaker power, or some of the chinese clones if you are ok with risk and dont care about IP. I use an inuke myself due to cost. But its nothing special. Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
            https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm2...oSKdB448TTVEnQ

Comment

the SpeakerPower amps are definitely high powered ,appear to only play up to 120 hz , this seems to be low or is this where the subs and woofers need to pass off to each other ? didn't see huge transformers or are they a thing of the past ?
              donc

Comment

What sort of pricing is a guy looking at with an amp board and power supply? Looks like they mainly OEM.

Comment

Go to hypexshop.com for pricing.

Comment

It's about 240 eros for both the 3kW SMPS and the amp each non-oem. If you only need about 1000 watts a
                    side one PSU can run 2 amps, these things are beasts, when I was testing a single channel it took out my
                    shops power before it clipped (@ over 1000watts) and I never heard dummy load resistors sing before!
                    Guess xmax's age.

My guess: 15. His grammar is passable. His trolling is good.

Comment

Originally posted by donc View Post
                      the SpeakerPower amps are definitely high powered ,appear to only play up to 120 hz
                      It's unusual to run subs higher than 80Hz.

www.billfitzmaurice.com
                      www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

Comment

Working...
                      X