Aiwa Speaker Replacement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aiwa Speaker Replacement

My uncle has a small Aiwa stereo that needs new speakers (2.0 system). It is only used to listen to Country music in a small living room and attached dining room. Current speakers are 40 watt 8 ohm Aiwa. I am planning to build replacements for him and I was thinking the Classix II MT Bookshelf Speaker Kit Part # 300-7112.

Would this be a good replacement/upgrade? Any other suggestions more suitable?

Yes, they would as well as the c note kit.
    https://www.facebook.com/Mosaic-Audi...7373763888294/

Comment

If the price difference was not a concern, which one would you guys do: C-notes or Classix?

Comment

My thought is not a lot of deep bass in country, plus a trim ring over a gasket, my lean would be the c-notes
        John H

Synergy Horn, SLS-85, BMR-3L, Mini-TL, BR-2, Titan OB, B452, Udique, Vultus, Latus1, Seriatim, Aperivox,Pencil Tower

Comment

Originally posted by RexDog View Post
          My uncle has a small Aiwa stereo that needs new speakers (2.0 system). It is only used to listen to Country music in a small living room and attached dining room. Current speakers are 40 watt 8 ohm Aiwa. I am planning to build replacements for him and I was thinking the Classix II MT Bookshelf Speaker Kit Part # 300-7112.

Would this be a good replacement/upgrade? Any other suggestions more suitable?

Hello

You've quoted the speaker rating, but what's the RMS output of the amp/receiver, please? You may need to go for a more efficient speaker if this figure is low-ish. The C-notes and Classix II are 85dB and 86bB respectively, I think. Typically the old Aiwa units (we used to have an all-in one Aiwa with a cassette and turntable, that tells you how old it was) were 10-20 watts RMS per channel.

I haven't heard the C-notes but love the Classix II, which I run from a Dayton DTA-120: it's rated at 40 RMS p/ch into 8ohms". This provides enough volume for my workshop but when I tried the setup in a larger room it had some problems with bass when I pushed the volume.

Just a thought

Geoff

Comment

I don't know anything about the receiver other than it came with those speakers. I can always find another receiver or amp for him, I might even have something laying around I can give him.

Comment

IMO - C-Notes for Bluegrass maybe, but Classix for Country. The Classix ARE a bit larger.

Comment

Working...
              X