My dishwasher broke AND

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My dishwasher broke AND

I upon taking it out I was curious what the noise isolation material they used was. It looks like maybe cotton. Very dense compared to the “dense” poly I have. I wonder if this stuff is commercially available? My darn dishwasher (when it is working) is very quiet. So much so in fact I routinely open it when it is running and make a mess. I have to assume that noise control blanket is helping.

Pull some out to share with the class...I would expect simply fibreglass in a dishwasher, it can be pressed fairly dense which is often what you find in acoustic panels and tiles.
    Don't waste your money on a new set of speakers, you get more mileage from a cheap pair of sneakers. Next phase, new wave, dance craze, anyways it's still rock and roll to me!

Comment

Originally posted by dcibel View Post
      Pull some out to share with the class...I would expect simply fibreglass in a dishwasher, it can be pressed fairly dense which is often what you find in acoustic panels and tiles.
      I would have also but it is clearly not fiberglass. I would put money on Cotton. I can take a picture as I plan on fixing the DW

Comment

This is on the inside of the door. The top and sides are covered as well.

Comment

Kinda looks like Ultratouch, but in white.
          Wolf
          "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
          "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
          "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
          "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
          http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
          http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf View Post
            Wolf
            That's what I thought too. But why would they spend the money to bleach it?
            Craig

Comment

Originally posted by stephenmarklay View Post
              This is on the inside of the door. The top and sides are covered as well.
              Thermoplastic (nylon, polyester, PVC, etc.) it will have a melting point typically well under 300o F and some begin to soften under 200o F. Maybe some boiling water could shed some light on the material.

Comment

I've seen that before, I think it might be polyester, don't quote me on that though.
                Don't waste your money on a new set of speakers, you get more mileage from a cheap pair of sneakers. Next phase, new wave, dance craze, anyways it's still rock and roll to me!

Comment

Seems like you lifted the veil on your dishwasher.

Comment

Originally posted by Millstonemike View Post
                    Thermoplastic (nylon, polyester, PVC, etc.) it will have a melting point typically well under 300o F and some begin to soften under 200o F. Maybe some boiling water could shed some light on the material.
                    Well I am fixing the DW so I am not going to experiment on it I will however, figure out what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf View Post
                      Wolf
                      I had to google Ultratouch

Comment

Well I went to the Bosch site and found this. Cotton.

Comment

How is that Ultratouch for speakers? since they are both cotton I am assuming they have similar qualities.

Comment

It's great stuff for inside speakers, that's for sure!
                            Wolf
                            "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                            "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                            "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                            "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
                            http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                            http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Mine looked liked ultratouch - it was blue green fibrous in color....

Comment

Working...
                              X