Help building a crossover

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help building a crossover

I need to replace crossovers for Cerwin Vega V43, from 300hz 3khz, will it work if it's 375hz? Or can I build a crossover with the proper frequency points! I would like to purchase these items in parts express but I need help and more Information. I found this but I am not too sure where to start building one or what parts to order! Thanks anyone! https://www.parts-express.com/dayton...00-hz--260-150

Do you have the old Crossovers?
    All about Speaker Design YouTube Channel

Comment

No I don't I bought the speakers without them :/

Comment

without ZMA and FRD or the original crossover it's gonna be mighty tough

Comment

You can measure the impedance of the drivers. Once you know the nominal impedance, we can help you with the crossover points. However, that is unlikely to be as much help as you would think. Most people just assume all you do is crossover a speaker at x frequency and that is the end of it. Crossovers, actually can have notch filters, zobel networks, L-pads among others just to complete the crossover. If you really want to do this, then you should invest in a Umik-1 so you can get your FRD and ZMA files and build a crossover from the data extrapolated.

Comment

You could ask if any of the forum members live by you and would be willing to take measurements for you. I think you will find a lot of good people on this board that would be willing to help.
            Jeff

Comment

What's your location?
              Some people are addicted to Vicodin. I'm addicted to speaker building.

The Chorales - Usher 8945A/Vifa XT25TG Build
              ESP Project 101 Lateral MOSFET Amplifier
              LM4780 Parallel Chipamp
              Sonata Soundbar Project
              The Renditions - Active/Passive Towers

Comment

Menifee CA

Comment

One of the speakers came with one but it's not the original it just looks like something out of a scary movie! It makes so much sense now, wondering could I work my way from this crossover it came with or are my instincts correct that's it's garbage?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by poolside View Post
                      Menifee CA

I'm in North OC, about 50 miles from you. I can help if you can make the trip.
                      Some people are addicted to Vicodin. I'm addicted to speaker building.

The Chorales - Usher 8945A/Vifa XT25TG Build
                      ESP Project 101 Lateral MOSFET Amplifier
                      LM4780 Parallel Chipamp
                      Sonata Soundbar Project
                      The Renditions - Active/Passive Towers

Comment

That does not look original, lol.

Comment

Working...
                        X