Announcement

Collapse

Midwest Audio Fest

It’s that time audio enthusiasts! Registration for the 2019 Speaker Design Competition is now open! Visit midwestaudiofest.com for details and to list your speaker project. We are excited to see all returning participants, and look forward to meeting some new designers this year, as well! Be sure your plans include a visit to the Parts Express Tent Sale for the lowest prices of the year, and the Audio Swap Meet where you can buy and trade with other audio fans. We hope to see you this summer! Vivian and Jill
See more
See less

Next ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mine are fine . see post #113 .....
    Paper Towers
    RS180P/28F surrounds
    Boombox

Comment

• really been enjoying this one ... 0* , 30* and 45* ... Click image for larger version

Name:	rs225ds90neocd1.0-11.offaxis.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	1364681

rpb , when i load your XO into Xsim i don't see anything that makes me want to tear mine apart . is it just the difference in sim programs ?
      Paper Towers
      RS180P/28F surrounds
      Boombox

Comment

• was curious of the low end . also the upper end nasty's i might be hearing . the 225 nearfield ...

Click image for larger version

Name:	rs225dc90neocd1.0-225nearfiled.PNG
Views:	2
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	1364689
        Paper Towers
        RS180P/28F surrounds
        Boombox

Comment

• If you like it, don't change it. I do have another sim for show and tell. This uses a newer frd file that is for your baffle size. (Small change from the other ones.)
          Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by rpb View Post
            If you like it, don't change it. I do have another sim for show and tell. This uses a newer frd file that is for your baffle size. (Small change from the other ones.)

i'm game ! i know my measurements follow my simms pretty close .... i'm not going to build 2 . so may as well use it for a learning platform . i was kinda hoping John was going to post something too . just keep in mind guys it i don't have huge XO parts collection ! may have to order . or you could always send some ....
            Paper Towers
            RS180P/28F surrounds
            Boombox

Comment

• and oh , i think i'm hooked on ribbons . love this tweet !

it did pass a few tests tonight involving max volume . full CD , Pantera Cowboys From Hell . a) was not fatiguing . b) all resistors cool to the touch .
              Paper Towers
              RS180P/28F surrounds
              Boombox

Comment

• Originally posted by filmslayer View Post

i'm game ! i know my measurements follow my simms pretty close .... i'm not going to build 2 . so may as well use it for a learning platform . i was kinda hoping John was going to post something too . just keep in mind guys it i don't have huge XO parts collection ! may have to order . or you could always send some ....
                Did you un-mute the driver in your sim? (or mine?)

Comment

• your's. helped a bit , but is still pretty wonky . try Xsim , super easy . i even figured it out ! lol
                  Paper Towers
                  RS180P/28F surrounds
                  Boombox

Comment

• What software are you using to measure? Can you make gated measurements?

Comment

• Glad you like your build, I bet it sounds pretty good! That tweeter is a good value imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by dynamo View Post
                        Glad you like your build, I bet it sounds pretty good! That tweeter is a good value imo.

i got it $44 and am glad i did !

my first experience with one ....
                        Paper Towers
                        RS180P/28F surrounds
                        Boombox

Comment

What software are you using to measure? Can you make gated measurements?

UMM-6 and Holm ... yes

did you forget you taught me to measure building my towers ?
                          Paper Towers
                          RS180P/28F surrounds
                          Boombox

Comment

UMM-6 and Holm ... yes

did you forget you taught me to measure building my towers ?
                            I'm old. I forget stuff!

What does the gated measurement look like?

Comment

I'm old. I forget stuff!
                              LOL... i'm getting there and i partied hard in my youth !
                              Paper Towers
                              RS180P/28F surrounds
                              Boombox

Comment

Based on post #136 I assumed you weren't looking for anything else. I'll give it go...
                                John H

Synergy Horn, SLS-85, BMR-3L, Mini-TL, BR-2, Titan OB, B452, Udique, Vultus, Latus1, Seriatim, Aperivox,Pencil Tower

Comment

Working...
                                X