Announcement

Collapse

Midwest Audio Fest

It’s that time audio enthusiasts! Registration for the 2019 Speaker Design Competition is now open! Visit midwestaudiofest.com for details and to list your speaker project. We are excited to see all returning participants, and look forward to meeting some new designers this year, as well! Be sure your plans include a visit to the Parts Express Tent Sale for the lowest prices of the year, and the Audio Swap Meet where you can buy and trade with other audio fans. We hope to see you this summer! Vivian and Jill
See more
See less

Next ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THAT looks pretty close to what you've measured!

Comment

Originally posted by scottvalentin View Post
      THAT looks pretty close to what you've measured!
      yes it does ... with that and what rpb suggested with the 225 tuned down -6db ...

Paper Towers
      RS180P/28F surrounds
      Boombox

Comment

OK, I got my sim pictures. I can't see yours, so I don't know how similar they are. Your hosting site wants me to sign up or something to see your pictures.

I did several sims. This one crosses lower, and needs a bigger coil.
        Attached Files

Comment

Here's the woofer.
          Attached Files

Comment

Here's the mid. I didn't take my own advice about the resistor location. Not on this one anyway.
            Attached Files

Comment

Tweeter I guessed at the offsets.
              Attached Files

Comment

my pics just dont show ? or you're clicking on them to see them betterb?

i've only used Xsim and at the risk of sounding ignorant i can't really read PCD .....
                Paper Towers
                RS180P/28F surrounds
                Boombox

Comment

When I click on them to enlage, there's a problem. I can see them before clicking, but can't read many of the values.

Here's a partial sim with a higher woofer x-over. Steeper slope to push down the breakup.
                  Attached Files

Comment

ok , after looking at them i think i get what your doing ... will put it into Xsim in the morning ....

rite now i'm drinking cold beer and jam'in some Zep ... i plugged in one of my surrounds and turned on my subs , i nailed the mtm ! sounds great ...

Paper Towers
                    RS180P/28F surrounds
                    Boombox

Comment

The best part of doing x-overs is the audition following the work!

The mid is 2nd order electrical high pass, and damped second order low pass with a notch added at 10k.

The tweeter has a notch at 20k to pull the top end down.

Comment

Originally posted by rpb View Post
                        The best part of doing x-overs is the audition following the work!

yep , my favorite part of building !
                        Paper Towers
                        RS180P/28F surrounds
                        Boombox

Comment

I like to check the mid padding resistor for heat while playing at close to maximum spl.

Comment

Originally posted by rpb View Post
                            OK, I got my sim pictures. I can't see yours, so I don't know how similar they are. Your hosting site wants me to sign up or something to see your pictures.

I did several sims. This one crosses lower, and needs a bigger coil.
                            In my humble opinion I think this sim by rpb will sound much better. The W/M xo point is lower with shallower slopes. The M/T xo is higher which should allow that small ribbon to play cleaner/louder. Basically there is a lot more contribution from the pair of mids, which is good. I'd give it a listen with and without the notch on the tweeter. You may like the extra top end lift.
                            Craig

Comment

i don't under stand pcd , in the the mid circuit where do i put the LCR and resistor ?
                              Paper Towers
                              RS180P/28F surrounds
                              Boombox

Comment

Originally posted by filmslayer View Post
                                i don't under stand pcd , in the the mid circuit where do i put the LCR and resistor ?

The L ,C, and R are connected end to end with each other. (in series). Then, after the other x-over parts it connects in parallel with the mids. (There is no R on this mid sim.)

Same idea on the tweeter.

Comment

Working...
                                X