Some speaker drivers measurements...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some speaker drivers measurements...

Dear friends, there are many enthusiasts of loudspeakers building here so I thought this link would be very useful for someone.

http://hificompass.com/en/speakers/measurements

It is needed to register at the website to have an access to the speaker drivers compare feature. With no registration one can click on driver model name in the table and get to the speaker driver measurements page. There is the mesurements description above the table. Just click on it.

To the moderator - sorry if I place this thread in a wrong place, you can transfer it in the correct place.

Best regards, HiFiCompass
    Last edited by HiFiCompass; 01-23-2018, 08:06 AM.

The Satori WO24P-8 woofer measurements have been added

http://hificompass.com/en/news/measu...r-measurements

Comment

Thanks. It's too bad that you chose to measure the drivers HD at a constant voltage, rather than a constant SPL, making the distortion measurements a bit difficult to directly compare since the SPL will vary between drivers, sometimes significantly. The various distances of HD measurement appears a bit redundant as well.
      "I just use off the shelf textbook filters designed for a resistor of 8 ohms with
      exactly a Fc 3K for both drivers, anybody can do it." -Xmax

Comment

There are many drivers which have rising/faling or very irregular response. How you can state the sound pressure level to compare other driver with? Did you read the measurement setup description before the speaker drivers table?

Comment

There are many drivers which have rising/faling or very irregular response. How you can state the sound pressure level to compare other driver with? Did you read the measurement setup description before the speaker drivers table?

Comment

Is the HD data normalized so that the fundamental is represented at 0dB across the entire frequency range?
            "I just use off the shelf textbook filters designed for a resistor of 8 ohms with

Comment

Originally posted by HiFiCompass View Post
              There are many drivers which have rising/faling or very irregular response. How you can state the sound pressure level to compare other driver with?
              I would pick a frequency range in the pass band where the driver would typically be used. One could ask the same question "How can you state sensitivity as a singular value when the driver response is irregular?"

Comment

Yes, there is no way, so it is all "about"☺

Comment

Originally posted by dcibel View Post
                  Is the HD data normalized so that the fundamental is represented at 0dB across the entire frequency range?
                  Yes, you are correct. There is no need to find the difference between the fundamental and harmonic component. You see relative HD in dB in relation to the fundamental yet.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Wow! That's a great selection.

Thanks

Comment

Excellent site! I love that you have multiple voltages on the distortion graph! Perfect!
                        Guess xmax's age.

My guess: 15. His grammar is passable. His trolling is good.

Comment

The Accuton C158-8-085 midwoofer measurements have been added:

http://hificompass.com/en/news/measu...r-measurements

Comment

The measurements and review of BlieSMa T34A-4 tweeter have been added

http://hificompass.com/en/content/bl...g-dome-tweeter

Comment

Nice site.
                              The Hurricanes
                              The Baronettes
                              Conneccentric
                              UX3

Comment

Working...
                              X