X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High end bookshelf designs

Hitmakers

Comment

What is the budget you are looking at for components?
      https://www.facebook.com/Mosaic-Audi...7373763888294/

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Drjay View Post
          Hitmakers
          I am always amazed to see a well designed speaker like this so inexpensive.

Comment

Way better is Paul's Carrera! If I wanted a great sounding pair of speakers and didn't design my own, this is what I would build. I heard Craig K's pair and they do everything right. And unbelievable bass for a small woofer.
            Craig

Comment

Originally posted by PWR RYD View Post
              Way better is Paul's Carrera! If I wanted a great sounding pair of speakers and didn't design my own, this is what I would build. I heard Craig K's pair and they do everything right. And unbelievable bass for a small woofer.
              That one is on my list!

Comment

I second the Carrera, amazing speaker.
                I'm currently building the Wolf's Stance as I find them to be very impressive as well.

Comment

I expect a spate of nice bookshelves this year to give pause to the Revelator based feeding frenzy.
                  Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers.

Comment

DanP's "Baronettes ",jeffb has several,"Tributes","Mandolins".....i could add more , i guess its how high-end you want to go .jeffb has one with satori woofer with RAAL 70-20 tweeter , its not list but you can ask for it .
                    donc

Comment

spiritwinds

Comment

I'll have one at DDIY that will be the equal of any listed so far, in addition to the Vermilion's I have already done.
                        Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers.

Comment

johnny , you cant just leave it there . more info please !
                          donc

Comment

Originally posted by stephenmarklay View Post
                            So, plays deep, plays loud, plays rock and fits in a pretty small box.

What have you?
                            Perhaps something like my bookshelf speakers? 3-ways folded up into what looks like a 2-way ;) I didn't make these, these were bought. 8" bass driver on top baffle, 8" PR's on each side baffle of each speaker cabinet. On their own, they play down to high-30's/low-40's depending on room gain, equalized with some DSP Param-EQ I have them pretty flat down to 23Hz (with room gain of course). They are a low-ish sensitivity over-all (~86.4 db @1W, ~90 dB @ 2.83V) , but they can take enough power to get your ears ringing in a small-medium room if you have plenty of power on tap.

Comment

johnny, is there a link to the "Vermilions"?
                              donc

Comment

Working...
                              X