Announcement

Collapse

Midwest Audio Fest

It’s that time audio enthusiasts! Registration for the 2019 Speaker Design Competition is now open! Visit midwestaudiofest.com for details and to list your speaker project. We are excited to see all returning participants, and look forward to meeting some new designers this year, as well! Be sure your plans include a visit to the Parts Express Tent Sale for the lowest prices of the year, and the Audio Swap Meet where you can buy and trade with other audio fans. We hope to see you this summer! Vivian and Jill
See more
See less

New UHD Samsung TV to Old Yamaha a/v receiver. How to hook up.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New UHD Samsung TV to Old Yamaha a/v receiver. How to hook up.

Hello. We Have a brand new Samsung UHD TV. There are no RCA audio outputs. It comes with a small adapter box with the letter ARC, looks like speaker or audio connection. Do they make an adapter cable so you can use your older HT set up? Thanks all.

Model number of the TV? You might have already done so, but I usually have a lot of luck doing a Google search...
    Mike
    "We're speaker geeks, not speaker nerds. Nerds make money!" Marty H
    Bismarck, North Dakota
    My Current System: Jolida SJ502A, Squeezebox Touch, and Carmody Sunflowers
    My Garage System:Marantz 2238B and Nano-Neos

Comment

TV should have an optical digital audio output -- use that into your A/V receiver. If your receiver doesn't have an optical input, you should be able to buy a box to convert the optical to RCA out for about $30 or less.

alternatively, there are adaptors which can pull an audio signal out of HDMI cables

both of the above should be available on PE

https://www.parts-express.com/parts-...ible)--180-999

https://www.parts-express.com/parts-...audio--180-995

Comment

Thank you so much for your help. The 2nd link looks like what I'm looking for. Thank You!

Comment

Working...
        X