Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S2000- any thoughts on it?

Hey guys,

After banging my head on a wall (we had a flood due to our neighbor's backed up toilet; computer issues thanks to flood + last minute window's patches to Intel mess; school outreach, more stuff breaking, aaaargh!) I went onto DIY sound group to vicariously stare at kits.

It looks like Paul's (secret skunk ops) kit is finally released with a Wavecor tweeter...

Any thoughts? I'm tempted to order it and build it...because I don't want to owe Jeff Bagby a guitar....jk.
    It'll be cool to build a Jeff speaker again....not sure how I'll dress it up?

(sigh) meanwhile my staff are laughing at how much time I'm spending to make teeth temporaries.

Honda shouldn't have stopped making them.

Just my thoughts.

Comment

That woofer looks quite nice.
      My Build Thread's
      Carrera's / Finalist TL's / Speedster TMM's / Speedster MTM Center / Overnight Sensation Surrounds

Comment

My dad has this exact car as pictured in the article. Rare 2005 Suzuka Blue and he also opted for the blue top making it a triple blue car. To date it has 17k on the odometer. I encourage him not to drive it and keep the miles down.

https://jalopnik.com/honda-on-a-new-...rre-1822523326
        "A dirty shop is an unsafe shop, if you injure yourself in a clean shop you are just stupid" - Coach Kupchinsky

The Madeleine
        The Roxster
        Swopes 5.0
        Acoustic Panels
        Living Room Make Over

Comment

Hoping for some serious reviews on this speaker as well.... looks great
          Builds - C-Killa - Speedsters - LithMTM - Talking Sticks - Pocket Rockets - Khanspires - Dayton RS Center - RS225/28A - Kairos - Adelphos - SEOS TD12X - Dayton 8 - Needles - 871S - eD6c - Overnight Sensations - Tritrix (ported) - Lineup F4 - Stentorians - The Cheapies - Tub Thumpers - Barbells - Tuba HT - Numerous subwoofers - probably missing a few...... :p

Comment

As a big fan of the Speedsters I'm really looking forward to reading reviews and hopefully building a pair soon. Once the MTM version is listed I think I may be building one for my brother in law.

Comment

Just finished making the crossover for the S2000s.

Will get the enclosure put together and veneered this weekend.

Hopefully ready for sound soon....

Click image for larger version

Name:	S2000 crossover.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	809.4 KB
ID:	1363542

Comment

done with my S2000s and....

Paul knocks it out of the park again. The combo of the wavecor tweeters with the denovo carbon fiber woofer is a winner. Nice, full, warm bass (good bit of BSC) and precise imaging. Just finished them, so I'll give it a week or so of daily listening before a real review.

Finished the cabinets with gray veneer with the baltic birch baffles stained with a dark espresso.

Name:	S2000 speakers.jpg
Size:	643.6 KB
ID:	1364400

Comment

Nice clean crossover implementation and beautiful bookshelves. Congrats on the build and enjoy!

Comment

ceiol - nice job! I also saw your Quarks in the Speaker Project Gallery. Feel free to post more pics - at different angles, better lighting, etc. I'd love to see more of the wood grain and the Dark Espresso onthe baffle as well as blue veneer of the Quarks!

Comment

Are the woven fiber woofers the same as the anarchy 5" drivers with different cone?
                      My Build Thread's
                      Carrera's / Finalist TL's / Speedster TMM's / Speedster MTM Center / Overnight Sensation Surrounds

Comment

Originally posted by Mike220 View Post
                        Are the woven fiber woofers the same as the anarchy 5" drivers with different cone?
                        I'm not sure - these 4.5" drivers have a woven CF cone. I've not seen the 5" anarchy drivers

Originally posted by jclin4 View Post
                        Nice clean crossover implementation and beautiful bookshelves. Congrats on the build and enjoy!
                        Thanks! It was a fun to build one of Paul's designs before reading a review of them.

Originally posted by a4eaudio View Post
                        ceiol - nice job! I also saw your Quarks in the Speaker Project Gallery. Feel free to post more pics - at different angles, better lighting, etc. I'd love to see more of the wood grain and the Dark Espresso onthe baffle as well as blue veneer of the Quarks!
                        will do -- these are beauties and deserve better pics. Hopefully this weekend.

Comment

better pic showing colors

Name:	S2000s finished.jpg
Size:	641.4 KB
ID:	1364740

Comment

Nice!

What camera did you use?

Comment

The Ares MT using the 5.5" Anarchy is ready to go too. 9mm Xmax on a 5.5" woofer is pretty nifty! Bass into the upper 30s.
                              R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio

Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
                              "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

Working...
                              X