No announcement yet.

Official Grand Rapids Blind Listening Competition - May 19

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I finally responded to a PM, the forum has been acting weird the last few times I tried.

Also after hearing the driver it's a completely different animal compared to say Tang Band
    paper underhung or SB drivers. It sounds "restricted" above 2K, it could just need more
    break in or I could be wrong. Perhaps something to think about...
    Guess xmax's age.

My guess: 15. His grammar is passable. His trolling is good.

Comment

Just a friendly reminder that this is coming up soon. Please make sure you have your speakers (at least one) to Mark a week before hand for measurements.
      -Kerry

www.pursuitofperfectsound.com

Comment

Originally posted by Navy Guy View Post
        Just a friendly reminder that this is coming up soon. Please make sure you have your speakers (at least one) to Mark a week before hand for measurements.

How does that work?
        Guess xmax's age.

Comment

Originally posted by xmax View Post

How does that work?
          They need at least one of the speakers before hand to take impedance and freq resp sweeps. Nothing different than Iron Driver in New York. Day of the event, the other speaker must be available for the blind testing. For those planning to attend, it saves on the cost of shipping.
          https://www.facebook.com/Mosaic-Audi...7373763888294/

Comment

I take it no special pricing rules out buy out parts, etc?

Comment

Originally posted by Pete Basel View Post
              I take it no special pricing rules out buy out parts, etc?

Pete, buyout drivers can't be used. This should be all readily available drivers.
              -Kerry

Comment

Where's a good place to stay?

I finished up the crossover sim and ordered parts today. I have $9.48 left in the budget.

Ron
                C-Note Iron Driver Build
                The Lydias
                The Cherry π's
                The Champs - Iron Driver 2015 Entry
                My Projects Page

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it. - Neil deGrasse Tyson
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjuGCJJUGsg

Comment

Originally posted by Ron_E View Post
                  Where's a good place to stay?

I finished up the crossover sim and ordered parts today. I have $9.48 left in the budget.

Ron
                  Ron, I don't think $9.48 will get you in a cheap camp ground!

Comment

Originally posted by marvin View Post

Ron, I don't think $9.48 will get you in a cheap camp ground!
                    Maybe there's a nice bridge to sleep under near by.

Ron
                    C-Note Iron Driver Build
                    The Lydias
                    The Cherry π's
                    The Champs - Iron Driver 2015 Entry
                    My Projects Page

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it. - Neil deGrasse Tyson
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjuGCJJUGsg

Comment

What is the size of the room and the placement in that room, what amp will be used?
                      I could loan a Hypex Ncore 500W to the cause.¬*
                      Guess xmax's age.

Comment

Originally posted by xmax View Post
                        What is the size of the room and the placement in that room, what amp will be used?
                        I could loan a Hypex Ncore 500W to the cause.¬*
                        Not sure about the room. If you want to bring the amp, I'm sure we'd use it. I'd love to hear one of the Ncore amps. I've heard nothing but good things about them but never heard one in person.
                        -Kerry

Comment

They are the first Class D amps I have heard where I did not question the sound quality.
                          I had been using stuff from the OEM UcD line and always felt they were a little "hard"
                          sounding. After hearing every type of amp under the sun for many years I would safely¬*
                          say the Ncore is as good as any. I still use the UcD 2K for raw wall shaking sub power¬*
                          because they excel in that department. I have a video somewhere of a couple 2000 watt
                          resistors used as elevator brakes singing like birds with close to 2kW on them,
                          about as much as I could get before the power in my shop blew and still the UcD
                          2K did not clip.¬*
                          Guess xmax's age.

Comment

Hey Kerry, maybe I missed it but is where is the event? ¬*Is it at the hotel from last year or at Meniscus? ¬*What time?

Comment

Judging
                              The judging will take place on May 19 at the Meniscus facility in Grand Rapids. Listening will be done blind. Anyone involved in the setup will not be allowed to vote. Scorecards will be handed out

Comment

Originally posted by ugly woofer View Post
                                Hey Kerry, maybe I missed it but is where is the event? *Is it at the hotel from last year or at Meniscus? *What time?
                                Probably start around 10am. I have to confirm with Mark. rpb answered the location.
                                -Kerry

Comment

Working...
                                X