Tweeters that is good from 3500hz for 1st order crossover

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tweeters that is good from 3500hz for 1st order crossover

I am thinking about upgrading tweeters on my Boston Acoustic A40 and needing help for suggestion with tweeters optimize for 3500hz with 1st order crossover just like in A40 speakers. Size not important as I am putting them in my own built cabinets. Thank you in advance

Morel tweeters have high power handling and reasonably low fs, both good for first order crossovers. The CAT378 spec sheet shows a response graph with a single capacitor.

Comment

Originally posted by xecluded View Post
      I am thinking about upgrading tweeters on my Boston Acoustic A40 and needing help for suggestion with tweeters optimize for 3500hz with 1st order crossover just like in A40 speakers. Size not important as I am putting them in my own built cabinets. Thank you in advance
      Is the tweeter a 4 or 8 ohm unit ?
      craigk

" Voicing is often the term used for band aids to cover for initial design/planning errors " - Pallas

Comment

Why would you think that would be an upgrade? Unless you reverse-engineer the crossover, and/or make your own measurements, odds are that it won't be. (sc)

Comment

Originally posted by craigk View Post
          Is the tweeter a 4 or 8 ohm unit ?
          They are 8 ohm. Thanks Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Roemer View Post
            Why would you think that would be an upgrade? Unless you reverse-engineer the crossover, and/or make your own measurements, odds are that it won't be. (sc)
            Just experiment. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

All things considered a better crossover would be more of an upgrade. My experience with the A40 was when a friend of mine had a pair that needed new surrounds. I didn't change the surrounds. The woofers were of such poor quality I just replaced them with much better drivers that still only cost $19.95 each. Not only was the crossover 1st order, the cap was a cheap NPE, so I did a new 2nd order LP/3rd order HP crossover as well. The tweeters were the only components that weren't tossed.
              www.billfitzmaurice.com
              www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

Comment

Originally posted by billfitzmaurice View Post
                All things considered a better crossover would be more of an upgrade. My experience with the A40 was when a friend of mine had a pair that needed new surrounds. I didn't change the surrounds. The woofers were of such poor quality I just replaced them with much better drivers that still only cost $19.95 each. Not only was the crossover 1st order, the cap was a cheap NPE, so I did a new 2nd order LP/3rd order HP crossover as well. The tweeters were the only components that weren't tossed.
                I'd like to retain the original as much as I can. Thanks Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X