New Toys! Upcoming build.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by donradick View Post

Ch*stAlmighty - that SB15CAC has a flat response., and breakup is way out of the passband.
    Hi Don, I think you might have seen my post over on the other forum where I showed my IB harmonic distortion measurements. Down 55 dB through the passband!

Sorry Kevin, back to your build.
    Craig

Comment

Originally posted by PWR RYD View Post

Hi Don, I think you might have seen my post over on the other forum where I showed my IB harmonic distortion measurements. Down 55 dB through the passband!

Hi Craig,

Will we get a chance to listen to it at Iowa or before? I'm really looking forward to seeing and hearing what you come up with.

Jim

Comment

Hi Jim,
        Iowa for sure! Maybe even DDIY. I'm planning on being at Indy this Spring but highly doubt they will be ready by then.
        Craig

Comment

i don't see it... 

​sorry, found it...

Comment

Hi Jim,
            Iowa for sure! Maybe even DDIY. I'm planning on being at Indy this Spring but highly doubt they will be ready by then.
            Excellent! I'm looking forward to seeing everyone and of course listening to your new design. Probably just Iowa this year though.

Jim

Comment

So Kevin, which events are you planning to come up to?

Comment

Originally posted by ani_101 View Post
                So Kevin, which events are you planning to come up to?
                The only one for certain right now is MWAF. I'd like to attend some of the others but you guys are all so damn far away. After last years driving fiasco, flying up will probably be the only way to go, hate driving long distances anyway. I think Kerry is hosting an Iron Driver event in May but not sure where. What other events are there in between now and MWAF? And when and where of course.
                My "No-Name" CC Speaker
                Kerry's "Silverbacks"
                Ben's Synchaeta's for Mom
                The Archers
                Rick's "db" Desktop CBT Arrays
                The Gandalf's

Comment

I think I hear a difference - wow, it's amazing!" Ethan Winer: audio myths
                  "As God is my witness I'll never be without a good pair of speakers!" Scarlett O'Hara

High value, high quality RS150/TB28-537SH bookshelf - TARGAS NLA!
                  SB13/Vifa BC25SC06 MTM DCR Galeons-SB13-MTM
                  My Voxel min sub Yet-another-Voxel-build

Tangband W6-sub

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin K. View Post

The only one for certain right now is MWAF. I'd like to attend some of the others but you guys are all so damn far away. After last years driving fiasco, flying up will probably be the only way to go, hate driving long distances anyway. I think Kerry is hosting an Iron Driver event in May but not sure where. What other events are there in between now and MWAF? And when and where of course.
                    InDIYana April 27/28 in Ft. Wayne, IN
                    DakotaDIY on June 19 in Sioux Falls, SD
                    Iron Driver is in May in Grand Rapids at Meniscus.

Wolf
                    "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                    "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                    "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                    "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
                    http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                    http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf View Post

InDIYana April 27/28 in Ft. Wayne, IN
                      DakotaDIY on June 19 in Sioux Falls, SD
                      Iron Driver is in May in Grand Rapids at Meniscus.

Wolf
                      Thank you sir! I know the Iron Driver event works around a specific driver. What about the other two events, any requirements or limitations?
                      My "No-Name" CC Speaker
                      Kerry's "Silverbacks"
                      The Archers
                      The Gandalf's

Comment

No requirements except nanner-capable at InDIYana, unless you want to enter the theme challenge. Just see the link in my sig.

You'll have to talk to JR about DakotaDIY.

Later.
                        Wolf
                        "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                        "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                        "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                        "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
                        http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                        http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Just my personal opinion: I would never spend the time or money to go to MWAF if you want to actually hear DIY speakers. The three judges sit up front at a table and block any real soundstage or imaging that everyone else sitting behind them can hear. And they only play a 3 minute house track for each entry. How in the world can you hear how a speaker sounds with only 3 one minute tracks? Go to Wolf's InDIYana, JR's DDIY, or MAC's Iowa if you actually want to hear speakers.
                          Craig

Comment

Just my personal opinion: I would never spend the time or money to go to MWAF if you want to actually hear DIY speakers. The three judges sit up front at a table and block any real soundstage or imaging that everyone else sitting behind them can hear. And they only play a 3 minute house track for each entry. How in the world can you hear how a speaker sounds with only 3 one minute tracks? Go to Wolf's InDIYana, JR's DDIY, or MAC's Iowa if you actually want to hear speakers.
                            I couldn't agree more Craig. But a group of us got together last year after the show at Javad's Hotel. He rented a Conference room from the Hotel (I pitched in towards the cost before leaving). We took turns playing different sets of speakers until the wee hours of the night! I'm hoping Javad plans a similar night again this year. As for MWAF, it's a chance to see lots of different speakers up close, put faces to the names, and of course the tent sale. Going to try to make one of the other events this year, not sure which one yet.
                            My "No-Name" CC Speaker
                            Kerry's "Silverbacks"
                            The Archers
                            The Gandalf's

Comment

Whoo man! That cabinet concept looks awesome. I will be very interested to see how you build it. Compound curves have a special place in my heart (not that I can build them easily!) I will be on the look out for these guys!
                              Voxel Down Firing with Dayton SA70
                              Translam Subwoofers - The Jedi Mind Tricks
                              The Super Bees - Garage 2 way
                              SevenSixTwo - InDIYana 2018 Coax

Comment

Originally posted by KEtheredge87 View Post
                                Whoo man! That cabinet concept looks awesome. I will be very interested to see how you build it. Compound curves have a special place in my heart (not that I can build them easily!) I will be on the look out for these guys!
                                ​Thanks Keith. I'm finalizing the design for the larger drivers but it should look similar. Side Panels will be laminations done in a vacuum bag over a fixture. Top may be as well. Afterwards, panels will go on another fixture to be trimmed on the CNC (miter cuts on compound curved panels, yee hah). Looking forward to this build and the challenges that will accompany it, I'll video some of the stuff to share.
                                My "No-Name" CC Speaker
                                Kerry's "Silverbacks"
                                The Archers
                                The Gandalf's

Comment

Working...
                                X