• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Use the 13M.
    Wolf
    "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
    "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
    "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
    "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
    http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
    http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf View Post
      Use the 13M.
      Wolf
      Thanks, Wolf for the advice!

Will do!

Regards//lasse
      Stockholm, Sweden
      Perry Mason talking to his dentist:

"Do you swear to take the tooth, the whole tooth and nothing but the tooth, so help you God?"

Comment

Does anyone know if this woofer exhibits dynamic offset, where the cone's average position moves in or out with application of a large, steady sinewave? The cause is a non-symmetric BL(x) curve.

I am thinking of using some for a project. TIA.

Comment

Originally posted by zplane View Post
          Does anyone know if this woofer exhibits dynamic offset, where the cone's average position moves in or out with application of a large, steady sinewave? The cause is a non-symmetric BL(x) curve.

I am thinking of using some for a project. TIA.
          You'd need Klippel data for that and I don't know of any tests done on it.
          R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio

Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
          "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

What’s the model of the 6.5 focal woofers? And you you going to sell them ?

Comment

Originally posted by carlthess40 View Post
              What’s the model of the 6.5 focal woofers? And you you going to sell them ?
              7N402-DBE with two voicecoils.

Well, IF the new woofers turn out to be successful, i Will probably sell them.

I never could figure out the best way to Explore the special features with two coils so.....

But I live in Sweden so the number of stamps on the parcel would be quite large.

Regards// Lasse
              Stockholm, Sweden

"Do you swear to take the tooth, the whole tooth and nothing but the tooth, so help you God?"

Comment

Originally posted by Pete Schumacher ® View Post

You'd need Klippel data for that and I don't know of any tests done on it.
                Yes, a Klippel test would be the state of the art, but as I recall back in the day when D. B. Keele did reviews for Audio magazine, he would run a low frequency sine wave into the speaker, then observe the offset increase as he turned up the level. He at least gave a crude measure of it. That's we're I first learned about this. I have since observed this with cheap woofers, even with sustained notes in music. A day or two ago some poster said they observed this on a Reference 7" driver.

Comment

Hi all

and thanks for all the feedback and advice.

The woofers are in my workshop now, the work is in progress and I will be back with details in a separate thread.

(But I can hint that the main question will be if it will be possible to use asymmetric slopes with the chosen drivers and if 1st order on the tweeter will be compatible with 2nd order on all the rest)

Regards//lasse

Comment

Working...
                  X