No announcement yet.

RS28's (PE feel free to chime in here)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tomorrow is March 1. What's the progress in bringing back the RS28 tweeter?

Comment

Crickets ... wonder if they're having problems with their new manufacturer???
      http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...khanspires-but
      http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...pico-neo-build
      http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...ensation-build

Comment

The latest PE flyer ("Tax Season") featured the DM-4 Active Reference Series Speaker which uses the RST28F-4 tweeter. A part number was given (275-141), but when I typed it in I got "This Product is No Longer Available". So I guess they have the PE part number reserved for it. Getting closer.....
        "Everything is nothing without a high sound quality." (Sure Electronics)

Comment

Don't worry, everything is fine. No reason to freak out.

Here are some graphs and a picture of the copper-latent motor.

We are expecting stock by the end of the March.

Comment

Parts Express will be giving away a pair of the Dayton Audio RST28A-4 1-1/8" Reference Series Aluminum Dome Tweeters and a pair of the Dayton Audio RST28F-4 1-1/8" Reference Series Silk Dome Tweeters. Stay tuned!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ge_off_me View Post
              Don't worry, everything is fine. No reason to freak out.

Here are some graphs and a picture of the copper-latent motor.

We are expecting stock by the end of the March.
              That looks great

Comment

I need a really nice mtm for critical listening. Cant wait to see what projects come out of this. Especially with the new rs paper line!
                I vote that whomever wins these should put them on loan to a designer willing to make some hot new public speaker designs. Hell, i'll pay shipping!

I am going to buy a set and have measuring gear, but no quality wood working tools and i lack passive crossover design skills. I was looking at building new speakers just before the rs28's went away.

I am excited!

By the way, if i buy a pair, i am willing to do the build on test baffle, and measure if people are willing to help with crossover design. So this tweeter can get some kits back online and i can learn.
                I have pcd7, but need to buy woofer tester. Mic and holmimpulse ready to go!

Anybody else excited and looking at builds with new tweet?

Comment

Dayton Audio is offering a high end tweeter again! Pop that champagne.

Comment

YAY!!!! Now the continuums are no longer a dream! And yes, I realize I'm starting to hoard speakers.

Comment

Originally posted by mlau View Post
                      YAY!!!! Now the continuums are no longer a dream! And yes, I realize I'm starting to hoard speakers.

The new generation of RS28 tweeters will require a rework of the continuum crossover. These are not a drop in replacement.
                      https://www.facebook.com/Mosaic-Audi...7373763888294/

Comment

It is now March 31 (Saturday) and the replacements for the rs28 tweeters are still not in stock. The original date was sometime in February. Please tell us a realistic date we can expect to see them in stock, and the progress that is being made.
                        Last edited by hudelson2; 03-31-2018, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                          Parts Express will be giving away a pair of the Dayton Audio RST28A-4 1-1/8" Reference Series Aluminum Dome Tweeters and a pair of the Dayton Audio RST28F-4 1-1/8" Reference Series Silk Dome Tweeters. Stay tuned!!!
                          Hey PE

when do you expect to have stock available?

I think I hear a difference - wow, it's amazing!" Ethan Winer: audio myths
                          "As God is my witness I'll never be without a good pair of speakers!" Scarlett O'Hara

High value, high quality RS150/TB28-537SH bookshelf - TARGAS NLA!
                          SB13/Vifa BC25SC06 MTM DCR Galeons-SB13-MTM
                          My Voxel min sub Yet-another-Voxel-build

Tangband W6-sub

Comment

Basic question - PE, do you intend to ever stock replacements for the RS28's? If not we can end the waiting game.

Comment

Parenting fail.

Comment

They'll be available when they are ready, now go eat your vegetables or you'll get no dessert!
                                "I just use off the shelf textbook filters designed for a resistor of 8 ohms with
                                exactly a Fc 3K for both drivers, anybody can do it." -Xmax

Comment

Working...
                                X