Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WinPCD & WinGraph have been posted for download with minor changes

Both programs have minor changes.

WinPCD: All graphs have a right-click context menu for various operations (as does WinGraph), most built into the graph software used. I added export commands for SPL and impedance complex data to the list. However, I recently found that I exported the wrong element for filters, SPL and impedance magnitude were good. These are used a bit differently in the program, so the export was not correct. It now is.

WinGraph: Complex data files with negative magnitudes are now accepted. The graph also auto-scales on file read.

dlr
    WinPCD - Windows .NET Passive Crossover Designer

Dave's Speaker Pages

Great news Dave and I will be sure to update to the latest versions. I haven't used WinPCD in a while as I have been fooling around with active crossovers lately, but for my next passive project WinPCD will be an important and useful tool.

I use WinGraph all the time for examining and comparing FRD data. Nice to see it gets improved too!

Cheers,
    - John

Comment

Originally posted by jclin4 View Post
      I use WinGraph all the time for examining and comparing FRD data. Nice to see it gets improved too!
      I tried to get it to accept drap-n-drop file entry rather that use the button, but haven't found the proper way to do that in the graph control, which is an open source project.

dlr

Dave's Speaker Pages

Comment

Dave, any plans to be able to adjust gain in WinGraph?
        John H

Synergy Horn, SLS-85, BMR-3L, Mini-TL, BR-2, Titan OB, B452, Udique, Vultus, Latus1, Seriatim, Aperivox,Pencil Tower

Comment

Originally posted by jhollander View Post
          Dave, any plans to be able to adjust gain in WinGraph?
          No plans. Adjust gain how?

dlr

Dave's Speaker Pages

Comment

Originally posted by dlr View Post
            No plans. Adjust gain how?

dlr
            plus minus db over entire FR. it would be helpful to compare FRDs on top of each other.
            John H

Synergy Horn, SLS-85, BMR-3L, Mini-TL, BR-2, Titan OB, B452, Udique, Vultus, Latus1, Seriatim, Aperivox,Pencil Tower

Comment

Originally posted by jhollander View Post
              plus minus db over entire FR. it would be helpful to compare FRDs on top of each other.
              That may not be easy. The program accepts any number of files, I put no limit on that because it was meant to have extremely limited ability outside of that, though most won't use it for a large number of files. My original intent was to add it to WinPCD as an extra window while working in it, but it morphed into a second program to make it easier and keep WinPCD from being required just to look at response files.

I'm not sure how I could access each file individually for the user due to this lack of limitation of number of curves on the screen. I'll have to give it some thought to see if it's doable. Within reason, that is.

dlr

Dave's Speaker Pages

Comment

I use Frequency Response Modeler to adjust again before opening in WinGraph. This is one of the Jeff B. / Charlie Laub spreadsheet tools:

http://audio.claub.net/software/jbabgy/FRM.html

Comment

Originally posted by jclin4 View Post
                  I use Frequency Response Modeler to adjust again before opening in WinGraph. This is one of the Jeff B. / Charlie Laub spreadsheet tools:

http://audio.claub.net/software/jbabgy/FRM.html
                  It would be simple enough to add an option to adjust scale on file read, but the curves could not be adjusted afterwards, of course, probably the preferable way to do it. The code to adjust is simple, the UI to select the curve is the difficulty due to the lack of restriction to the number of curves one can import.

dlr

Dave's Speaker Pages

Comment

Thanks Dave! I use WinPCD exclusively.
                    Craig

Comment

I just received a PM that the new version of WinPCD has an issue with saved session files. I tested with my release version and saw the same thing. Hold off on downloading until I find and fix the problem. This is puzzling as I always test during design with multiple session files.

dlr

p.s. Looks to be a problem with multi-threading. In an unchanged area.

p.p.s Version 1.513 can be downloaded for now, but I'm not sure that it doesn't have the same problem. I couldn't reproduce it in that one.

Dave's Speaker Pages

Comment

Originally posted by PWR RYD View Post
                        Thanks Dave! I use WinPCD exclusively.
                        Glad to hear anything from users!

dlr

Dave's Speaker Pages

Comment

Originally posted by dlr View Post
                          Glad to hear anything from users!

dlr
                          First, WinPCD is an amazing tool. I can't thank you (and Jeff) enough. Two issues that may have workarounds I don't know about ...

(1) The default directory for loading projects, driver data, et al. Is there a way to set that or have it stay where I last loaded a file?
                          (2) Tweeter SPL adjust needs to be changed and restored each time I load a project for it to take affect.

Comment

Before I update my download page, here's a direct download link for a "fixed" version. Works in my testing on my Win10 Home PC. Please try it out and let me know if there are any problems.And if you don't find any!

WinPCD v1.515 direct download

dlr
                            Last edited by dlr; 02-26-2018, 09:22 AM.

Dave's Speaker Pages

Comment

Has anyone tried the new version yet?

dlr

Dave's Speaker Pages

Comment

Working...
                              X