This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple tweeters. Lots of them!

Is it just me or this speaker seem to be a little weak in the treble department?
    Tekton Design Ulfberht Floorstanding Speaker Reviewed - Terry London

Its a 4-way design, so I guess the single tweeter in the middle is the 4th way and the 7+7 MTM tweeter arrangement is the 3rd way..
    I'm wondering if there's any shading on some or all tweeters and I would like to see off-axis measurements. Hello comb filtering! ..or maybe its not as bad as it looks and they sound amazing. It sure is different though..

Comment

Ah, finally some competition for the Sweet 16's from the 1960's. And only $12,000! I will immediately order a pair. I have always wanted to experience comb filtering up close!
      Don't worry, if your parachute fails, you have the rest of your life to fix it.

If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally ASTOUND ourselves - Thomas A. Edison

Some people collect stamps, Imelda Marcos collected shoes. I collect speakers.:D

Comment

That is...hilarious. If you disagree, they can always rate it higher!!!
        Francis

Comment

Originally posted by thekorvers View Post
          Ah, finally some competition for the Sweet 16's from the 1960's. And only $12,000! I will immediately order a pair. I have always wanted to experience comb filtering up close!
          My check is in the mail!
          Francis

Comment

I missed this the first time:

Important Note: did you know sound waves travel through beryllium over 37 times faster than sound waves travel through air?! Talk about a mismatch and a serious conflict of musical interests! Sounds travel through pulps and textiles at or less than the speed of sound through air so air always wins the race over the transverse propagation of the vibrations through the cone. In my opinion, beryllium pistons are a giant no-no as the vibrating source of your sound.

​For example: in a beryllium-based acoustic device, the vibrations travel through the beryllium transversely and internally from the voice coil source to the outer cone edge 37 times faster than the sound can radiate from the inner-center of the cone to the outer edge of the cone through the air. Anyone care to listen to a solid beryllium or magnesium violin? Highly doubtful.

Francis

Comment

Originally posted by fpitas View Post
              Anyone care to listen to a solid beryllium or magnesium violin?
              It's true... Every time I fire up my Magnesium cased circular saw, I put hearing protection on because I just can't stand to listen to it!

Comment

We need a new metric when comparing expensive speakers, DPT, or Dollars Per Tweeter.

"This speaker would rate very highly in the DPT category."

Comment

Originally posted by philthien View Post
                  We need a new metric when comparing expensive speakers, DPT, or Dollars Per Tweeter.

"This speaker would rate very highly in the DPT category."
                  "Come for the plethora of tweeters, stay for the pseudoscience!"
                  Francis

Comment

for those with more dollars than (connected)neurons

Comment

Ulfbehrt the hammer/butterfly.
                      Sounds like someone google translated a children's book.
                      Schprockets!
                      Would you like to touch my monkey?

Comment

Originally posted by fpitas View Post
                        I missed this the first time:

Important Note: did you know sound waves travel through beryllium over 37 times faster than sound waves travel through air?! Talk about a mismatch and a serious conflict of musical interests! Sounds travel through pulps and textiles at or less than the speed of sound through air so air always wins the race over the transverse propagation of the vibrations through the cone. In my opinion, beryllium pistons are a giant no-no as the vibrating source of your sound.

​For example: in a beryllium-based acoustic device, the vibrations travel through the beryllium transversely and internally from the voice coil source to the outer cone edge 37 times faster than the sound can radiate from the inner-center of the cone to the outer edge of the cone through the air. Anyone care to listen to a solid beryllium or magnesium violin? Highly doubtful.

Absolutely hilarious. Justification for using cheap tweeters, and lots of them. It's obvious that they simply don't listen to what a nice beryllium tweeter actually sounds like. You can bet that they'll never use a ribbon tweeter for similar reasons.

What they really need is a Jello dome!!!
                        R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio

Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
                        "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

Jello Dome.....two enter, only one slithers out!

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoQsn9nPViU

Comment

Bunch of cheap tweeter may simply mean, they will stay away from x-max and have very low distortion. You guys cuming over the opportunity to piss on the design without realizing the benefits. Line arrays work somewhat in the same fashion.
                              http://www.diy-ny.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X