This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by philthien View Post
    "Our revolutionary U.S. patent #9247339 (issued January 26th, 2016) allows us to literally align the moving mass of speaker cones to the harmonic spectra of the musical instruments being played. This means that, in theory, we’ve now made every other high fidelity loudspeaker on earth obsolete in one fell swoop!"
    That's quite a claim, when they use off the shelf drivers. This patent never would have been issued back when the likes of George Augsperger ran the audio devices section of the patent office. I've seen others recently issued that shouldn't have been, for not even meeting the basic requirements. It seems now that the patent office is content to just take the money and not bother meeting their own proclaimed standards.

www.billfitzmaurice.com
    www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by billfitzmaurice View Post
        Being educated and experienced enough in how speakers work to know what a design is capable of, and isn't capable of, is what separates experts from the general public. Nonsensical advertising piffle isn't aimed at that very small segment of the population who are audio experts and see right through it, it's aimed at the vast majority of the population who might be fooled.
        Exactly this. "You haven't heard it" is putting a discussion into the subjective realm on a topic people are passionate about- it is a cheap way to avoid discussing the actual system design, which as you say, can be largely judged based on a visual evaluation. On the other hand, when processing gets involved it gets more convoluted as some things that weren't practical for a long time, now can be achieved. Array systems in the modern era can do things very differently than they used to, but they still have to follow rules. You can't fix diffraction no matter how much DSP you throw at it for example.

Comment

Originally posted by badman View Post
          "You haven't heard it" is putting a discussion into the subjective realm on a topic people are passionate about."
          I doubt that one person in a thousand could interpret a stack full of objective data if their lives depended on it, so the notion that someone can look at that data and have a very good idea of how a speaker sounds is totally foreign to them. They can't do it, so they think that no one can. Don't think for a minute that manufacturers don't capitalize on that to the greatest extent possible. Bose for one has made it their business model.
          www.billfitzmaurice.com

Comment

There's a right way and a wrong way to use multiple tweeters. On the face of it this is an example of the wrong way. It's possible that it's correctly engineered, which would be revealed by a set of polar plots. There aren't any.polar, axial or any other variety. OTOH this comment from the designer is pure unadulterated audiophile poppycock:

Important Note: did you know sound waves travel through beryllium over 37 times faster than sound waves travel through air?! Talk about a mismatch and a serious conflict of musical interests! Sounds travel through pulps and textiles at or less than the speed of sound through air so air always wins the race over the transverse propagation of the vibrations through the cone. In my opinion, beryllium pistons are a giant no-no as the vibrating source of your sound.

​For example: in a beryllium-based acoustic device, the vibrations travel through the beryllium transversely and internally from the voice coil source to the outer cone edge 37 times faster than the sound can radiate from the inner-center of the cone to the outer edge of the cone through the air. Anyone care to listen to a solid beryllium or magnesium violin? Highly doubtful.

Being educated and experienced enough in how speakers work to know what a design is capable of, and isn't capable of, is what separates experts from the general public. Nonsensical advertising piffle isn't aimed at that very small segment of the population who are audio experts and see right through it, it's aimed at the vast majority of the population who might be fooled.
            ​Once again all these guru's thinking they know what a speaker is capable of based on the design/specs and advertising alone without actually hearing the speakers in person is nonsense. LOL....stop fooling yourself. LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by Unbiasedsound View Post

​Once again all these guru's thinking they know what a speaker is capable of based on the design/specs and advertising alone without actually hearing the speakers in person is nonsense. LOL....stop fooling yourself. LMAO
              My guess is that it would require more effort than a 5-10 minute listen to identify weaknesses. That doesn't mean they aren't there or wouldn't be a problem long-term, they just aren't worth uncovering.

If I'm wrong, Bill or the others will correct me.

Comment

My guess is that it would require more effort than a 5-10 minute listen to identify weaknesses. That doesn't mean they aren't there or wouldn't be a problem long-term, they just aren't worth uncovering.

If I'm wrong, Bill or the others will correct me.
                ​Well maybe Bill and the others can make that guess for you as they might be able to identify weaknesses in less then 5-10 min. LOL

Comment

Phil come out to some events, you will be surprised at how quickly you can hear both good and bad differences when listening to speakers back to back.
                  John H

Synergy Horn, SLS-85, BMR-3L, Mini-TL, BR-2, Titan OB, B452, Udique, Vultus, Latus1, Seriatim, Aperivox,Pencil Tower

Comment

Its like that cartoon sketch were customers walk into the speaker demo show room and the customer asks where are all the speakers and the sales man replies oh audiophiles now days don't buy speakers based on there sound they buy them based on there specs/design and advertising. LMAOROTF

Comment

Someone is buthurt over this thread!. Probably the same troll from the Audioholics website who swings from Tekton's nutsack, holding tightly for dear life.

I've heard them. Did they seem to suck? Nah. Did they seem to sound stellar as the claims portray. Nah. Would I buy them? Nah.

Comment

Any experienced acoustical engineer could identify weaknesses in less than two minutes from just a set of polar plots and waterfall chart. That's one of the reasons why none are posted on the Tekton website. Someone who really believes you can't judge a speaker without hearing it is in the wrong forum.
                        www.billfitzmaurice.com

Comment

Originally posted by guitar maestro View Post
                          Someone is buthurt over this thread!. Probably the same troll from the Audioholics website who swings from Tekton's nutsack, holding tightly for dear life.

I've heard them. Did they seem to suck? Nah. Did they seem to sound stellar as the claims portray. Nah. Would I buy them? Nah.
                          ​Finally, someone that has actually heard these speakers in person and can give an honest opinion of them.

Comment

Any experienced acoustical engineer could identify weaknesses in less than two minutes from just a set of polar plots and waterfall chart. That's one of the reasons why none are posted on the Tekton website. Someone who really believes you can't judge a speaker without hearing it is in the wrong forum.
                            ​Ah yes every "AUDIOPHILE REVIEWER", should review speakers (or any audio equipment) without ever hearing them play. LMAOROTF

Comment

Like Max Holloway says "AT THE END OF THE DAY", the main question everyone wants to know is how did it SOUND.

Comment

Originally posted by jhollander View Post
                                Phil come out to some events, you will be surprised at how quickly you can hear both good and bad differences when listening to speakers back to back.

Comment

Working...
                                X