Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh really? Where in this thread did I make any comment about the sound of the speakers in question being something I wouldn't like? As a matter of record I said that based on a review by someone who is a member here that they would likely sound balanced.

You however said that to disagree with the claims without hearing them is like putting the cart before the horse. That is absurd as someone claiming they can fly by flapping their arms real fast.

Absurdity has no degree here. Absurd is just absurd.
    ​You said "and I don't need to hear the speakers to know that", is putting the cart before the horse as any one can make outrageous claims but the only way to know if those claims is true or false is to actually listen to the speakers yourself in person as that is the only honest way to judge a marketers actual claims......your analogy of a human flapping his arms to fly is already faulted from the start because no human in the world can fly its just absolute FACTS.....a marketers claim of having the best speakers in the world is all based on there opinion and the opinion of others but it don't make it a fact.

​Maybe Audiophile Gurus have special powers where they do not need to hear a speaker to judge the validity of the marketers claims. LMAO

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMys_zIwl3o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqgWHPv26L0

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Unbiasedsound View Post
          Maybe Audiophile Gurus have special powers where they do not need to hear a speaker to judge the validity of the marketers claims.
          You've got your terms confused. Audiophiles tend to be subjective, willing to accept marketing claims at face value, and not particularly knowledgeable about how the gear they're willing to pay sometimes obscene money for actually works. One might even say gullible. Engineers are objective, and can tell the difference between facts and BS. That makes you the audiophile, and about as far from an engineer as one can be. Since this forum is technically oriented, it's even in the name, you're peddling subjective nonsense to an audience that's not going to buy into it. As for the 'review' links, they're totally subjective, lacking any factual content, and only prove that anyone can put anything on youtube. As real acoustical engineer Ethan Winer so eloquently put it,

www.billfitzmaurice.com
          www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

Comment

Originally posted by billfitzmaurice View Post
            You've got your terms confused. Audiophiles tend to be subjective, willing to accept marketing claims at face value, and not particularly knowledgeable about how the gear they're willing to pay sometimes obscene money for actually works. One might even say gullible. Engineers are objective, and can tell the difference between facts and BS. That makes you the audiophile, and about as far from an engineer as one can be. Since this forum is technically oriented, it's even in the name, you're peddling subjective nonsense to an audience that's not going to buy into it. As for the 'review' links, they're totally subjective, lacking any factual content, and only prove that anyone can put anything on youtube. As real acoustical engineer Ethan Winer so eloquently put it,

​Subjective nonsense is those that believe they can judge the sound of audio equipment without even listening to it......audio engineers are the ones that build the equipment making all those exaggerated claims while the audiophiles buy the equipment and fall for there marketing schemes without even listening to the equipment. LMAO

​Those links are subjective where did I say they were not?.....At least he did it the right way by ACTUALLY LISTENING TO THE SPEAKERS giving his honest opinion, instead of bashing them based soley on their claims. SMDH

Comment

Gotta come up with some sort of audiophilespeak to separate you from the other producers of voodoo.
              Pete nailed it. This is what it all comes down to - Marketing!

...Now, where did I put my Magic Shakti Pebbles and Sonic Power Purifier cables?
              Co-conspirator in the development of the "CR Gnarly Fidelity Reduction Unit" - Registered Trademark, Patent Pending.

Comment

That marketing claptrap is downright embarrassing. I don't know of a manufacturer (of anything) that I consider honest, reputable, or credible that uses such drivel to sell their wares. So, based on previous experience, I'd not bother listening to these, even if I were in the market for overpriced audio gear.

Comment

Absolutely hilarious. Justification for using cheap tweeters, and lots of them. It's obvious that they simply don't listen to what a nice beryllium tweeter actually sounds like. You can bet that they'll never use a ribbon tweeter for similar reasons.
                  The description doesn't even seem to be for a tweeter: the vibrations travel through the beryllium transversely and internally from the voice coil source to the outer cone edge.

This describes a cone, not a dome. In that regard it is correct in that at higher frequencies the sound could actually arrive at the listener position from the rim before that which originates at the former attachment point (not voice coil as described). That can be an issue at higher frequencies for any driver (tweeters are particularly affected, e.g. phase shields), but there are so many other issues that it's not the primary one and for a properly designed system, not an issue at all. Breakup and off-axis of hard cones is an issue. That said, it's more likely that he is referencing a tweeter. In that case the description is factually inaccurate to say the least and nonsense to be more specific.

What's astounding is that the description of the "technology" in that patent was accepted by an examiner at the patent office. Therein lies the real problem.

dlr
                  WinPCD - Windows .NET Passive Crossover Designer

Dave's Speaker Pages

Comment

WRT the reviews on youtube at the links, the guy is parroting the advertising hype, low mass means faster...blah,blah,blah. If he simply stuck to his thoughts on his perceptions, no problem, he would be simply reporting as a reviewer. This is the first time I've watched anything on youtube speaker related, other than making my own WinPCD instructional videos, that is!. Can't say that I'd spend any serious time on reviews.

I would like to bring up something that I found when I was at those youtube links. There's one from the 2013 MWAF that caught my attention due to the picture used in the youtube link. Many of you here likely attended that one, so I'd like your input on it. Go the link below at 3:33 and discuss the system with the multi-driver arrays shown.

MWAF 2013

I still have five Morel tweeters I bought 10+ years ago thinking to experiment with the same thing, one in the middle with four in an array surrounding one. I never built a test baffle, I decided it was too complicated and modeling showed real problems due to spacing, but these were 104mm faceplates. I also decided that it was also way to expensive for any possible benefit.

dlr
                    WinPCD - Windows .NET Passive Crossover Designer

Dave's Speaker Pages

Comment

​You said "and I don't need to hear the speakers to know that", is putting the cart before the horse as any one can make outrageous claims but the only way to know if those claims is true or false is to actually listen to the speakers yourself in person as that is the only honest way to judge a marketers actual claims......your analogy of a human flapping his arms to fly is already faulted from the start because no human in the world can fly its just absolute FACTS.....a marketers claim of having the best speakers in the world is all based on there opinion and the opinion of others but it don't make it a fact.

​Maybe Audiophile Gurus have special powers where they do not need to hear a speaker to judge the validity of the marketers claims. LMAO
                      You have not only a comprehension problem, but one of memory as well. For example, YOU stated, "Once again who cares about a marketers claims or assertions . . ." while simultaneously deriding me for ridiculing the claims. See the problem here? LMAO

No one needs to hear the speakers to dismiss out of hand the comments about Beryllium tweeters, the speed of sound in air and Beryllium violins. I don't have to hear the speaker to know that such claims are absolutely ludicrous. Get it? LMAO.

You don't even have to be a GURU to understand that. You can be a complete noob with no understanding of speaker design to understand that. LMAO

ROTFLMAO
                      R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio

Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
                      "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

Originally posted by dlr View Post
                        I also decided that it was also way to expensive for any possible benefit.

dlr
                        And there you have the reason that Tekton uses inexpensive tweeters for its spider-faced tower for $16,000. And the reason for deriding beryllium.

R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio

Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

"Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

Originally posted by philthien View Post

Good enough for me.

Now I’m LMAO too.
                          Gotta love the echo chamber room in which he does his reviews. Awesome!

Comment

WTH? They sound just like my Quarks.

Comment

You have not only a comprehension problem, but one of memory as well. For example, YOU stated, "Once again who cares about a marketers claims or assertions . . ." while simultaneously deriding me for ridiculing the claims. See the problem here? LMAO

No one needs to hear the speakers to dismiss out of hand the comments about Beryllium tweeters, the speed of sound in air and Beryllium violins. I don't have to hear the speaker to know that such claims are absolutely ludicrous. Get it? LMAO.

You don't even have to be a GURU to understand that. You can be a complete noob with no understanding of speaker design to understand that. LMAO

ROTFLMAO
                              ​It seems you have a comprehension problem pete maybe because your head is all swole and big. LMAO.......I am saying why do you even care and be so obsessed over a marketers claims or assertions when you haven't even demoed there product? and or are never going to buy that product? See the swelling in your head yet? LMAO

​That is your opinion as the proof is in the actual listening test....know of any reviewer that reviews product by never playing the gear? Get it? LMAO

I understand that Gurus think they know the honest truth of a speaker without ever listening to them because they have some kind of magical intuition. LMAOROTF

Comment

Gotta love the echo chamber room in which he does his reviews. Awesome!
                                ​And your head and ego just went up by 10 million...this is what happens when one cant get over the marketing claims. LMAOROTF

Comment

Working...
                                X